Unable to Delete Restrictions for Deactivated Unit

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jsberry

Unable to Delete Restrictions for Deactivated Unit

Post by jsberry »

Our Stake did boundary realignments, added a new ward and discontinued a branch last Sunday. I have not been able to delete building restrictions for the branch that was deactivated. I am trying to replace the mutual night restrictions for an existing ward. When I try to do anything with any reservation relating to this branch that was deactivated (whether deleting or changing the details) I get the following messages: "Sorry, the data service has failed. Please contact support." This happens whether I choose all "following events" or "entire series." Is this something that will resolve itself with time? Also, I have tried to delete this same branch from the "Rooms & Locations" and I get the following error message: "Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application. Please try again later." Am I just being impatient or is there something that needs to be done before I can makes changes to restrictions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to Delete Restrictions for Deactivated Unit

Post by russellhltn »

I don't think there's much you can do on your end. The developers are aware of the problem, but in the meantime, if you can go to https://lds.org/header and send the results in a PM to me, along with the discontinued unit name/number, I'll forward that on to the developers to get it fixed on the back end.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jeffsnoy

Post by jeffsnoy »

We are having the same issue. I will PM you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Please be sure to send the header as well as the name/unit number of the discontinued unit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jsberry

Post by jsberry »

I am still having difficulty with deleting restrictions. I am still not able to remove the deactivated unit restrictions but I have come up with my own solution to the problem. I am able to reduce the restriction to a 30 minute time window and drag it to 3:00 am to get it out of the way so the time is released for other units to schedule. My next problem is that I am now unable to edit/delete repeating restrictions for the units that currently use the stake center meetinghouse. I am not able to delete this event only, delete entire series or delete following events. I notice that although when I created the restrictions initially there was an end date to the series, there is no longer an end date for these recurring restrictions. It will not let me add an end date or change the restriction in any way. I promise if someone can help me get rid of these repeating restrictions, I will only do single date restrictions from now on! No more repeats for me!

Return to “Calendar”