Web Privacy

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
zaneclark

Web Privacy

Post by zaneclark »

The stake has asked me to prepare an online photo directory for our missionary prep class. I did this by attending the class, taking photos and getting their phone numbers. I then created a directory using my own private web domain by adding a separate page for the directory. I sent this to some stake leaders for their approval, and one voiced concerns that the photos and phone numbers would be on the internet and parents wouldn't like this. Remember, this is not on Yahoo or Google, but on my own personal web site.... Should their be any privacy concerns on this?
eblood66

Re: Web Privacy

Post by eblood66 »

zaneclark wrote:The stake has asked me to prepare an online photo directory for our missionary prep class. I did this by attending the class, taking photos and getting their phone numbers. I then created a directory using my own private web domain by adding a separate page for the directory. I sent this to some stake leaders for their approval, and one voiced concerns that the photos and phone numbers would be on the internet and parents wouldn't like this. Remember, this is not on Yahoo or Google, but on my own personal web site.... Should their be any privacy concerns on this?
In Handbook 2 section 21.1.22 under Members’ Use of the Internet in Church Callings, item 5 says that you may not display photos or personal information about other individuals without their consent. I would assume that for minors it would require the consent of their parents. Based on the wording at the top of that section, the policy would apply to a personal web site.

Return to “General Discussions”