Export as CSV

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gpford5

Export as CSV

Post by gpford5 »

I would like to export the calendar as a csv file. Is this possible with the "new" calendar. (I want to edit the file before importing it into my personal [Google ] calendar. Thanks.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Export as CSV

Post by jdlessley »

The Calendar is exported as an iCalendar File format (sync URL) using the Apple iCal button or an Outlook sync URL using the Microsoft Outlook button. There is no provision for a csv file.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

gpford5 wrote:I want to edit the file before importing it into my personal [Google ] calendar.
Note: Excel completely mangles CSV files. It may not work for what you want even if you do get it in CSV format.

There are other calendar programs that can read/write iCal format that should be useable for editing.

But note that unless you do regular updates (like once a week), your imported calendar will be out of date.

You can also control what events are in your sync file by unsubscribing from calendars you are not interested in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gpford5

Post by gpford5 »

Thank you all for your info.

I have used Excel.csv files, and have found they work for me...so far. In the past, when I could get a csv, I found it useful to be able to select what I wanted. For eg, I didn't want all youth activities, but did want the New Years Dance, for eg. Or, not all Stake President events, but did want Stake President Firesides.

Following webpage instructions, when I select sync to Outlook, I get...
webcals://www.lds.org/church-calendar/services/lu ... xxxxxxxxxx

When I paste this in Chrome & IE, I get the message "- did not match any documents."
I removed the "webcals:" and got the same answer.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by russellhltn on Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove personal link
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Please note that the URL is for your use only. It shouldn't be shared or posted in a public forum. It's been changed to take the ID number out of it.

If you change it to http://www.lds.org/..... and paste it in your browser, it should cause a file to be downloaded. However, once you do that, or attempt to do that, you can't do another for 9 minutes.

You might go to your subscription selections and make sure something is selected.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”