HT/VT Reporting Website Overview

Discussions around miscellaneous technologies and projects for the general membership.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

enriquer wrote:This dialog has gotten WAY OFF TRACK.

All that the HT/VT Reporting website needs right now is to relocate in its present form. That means no API or DB connections.

Let's just keep improving the user interface and related methodology. Then once this has been finely honed we look at further integration (aka Phase II.)

I don't know how this got so far off track but again all we need is somewhere to park the application.
Actually, merely relocating the web application to a different server (even Church hosted) doesn't just magically solve all the problems.
enriquer wrote:What's worse is all the excitement around it and beta.tech.lds.org has died in our stake. I am afraid this juggernaut has marginalized the value of this forum and its influence on technology in the church.

In summary, the HT/VT Reporting site was just what this forum was founded for. The failure of this endeavor makes it clear that this forum will never be about productive solutions. Instead it will just be a sounding board for coders and wireheads. :([/quote]
Your comments are unjustifiably harsh. This forum's sole purpose was NOT the HT/VT Reporting site. I don't think the Church ever dreamed their would be so many volunteer developers and project ideas from the community within 6 months of launching the site.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

tomw wrote:We actually do hire a lot of contractors for various projects. This does tend to solve problems when resources are over burdened. However broadening it to more of a bidding process is something that has not been discussed. Thanks for the suggestion!

Tom
Tom, if you'd like a list of some clearinghouse sites for contract/freelance work, you are welcome to email or PM me. I have a short comment about a bunch of them (written from the perspective of a worker).

Is there a method for getting on the list to be considered for contracting development work? Perhaps I'm not the only currently unemployed worker who would like a shot at contracting for the Church.

Thanks.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

rmrichesjr wrote:Tom, if you'd like a list of some clearinghouse sites for contract/freelance work, you are welcome to email or PM me. I have a short comment about a bunch of them (written from the perspective of a worker).
Please pass them on to me via email. I'll forward them on to the right department.
Is there a method for getting on the list to be considered for contracting development work? Perhaps I'm not the only currently unemployed worker who would like a shot at contracting for the Church.
Send me your resume and contact info via email and I will forward it on to our those within our organization that are looking for work. I will have to figure out who that is once I see your resume. It is my understanding that normally contractors are not hired through our HR department.

Tom
Lynette Saadeh-p40

VT Reporting Website Supporter

Post by Lynette Saadeh-p40 »

To Whom It May Concern:

As secretary of the Relief Society Presidency of the F oothill Ranch Ward in California, I would like to express how extremely beneficial it was to be able to report our visiting teaching statistics online. The sisters loved the reminders and loved how easy it was to report and of course the supervisors were elated that they didn't have to spend hours tracking sisters down that simply do not return phone calls.

It was such an efficient and fast way for sisters to report each month especially where 95% of all of our sisters are "email" active. As a presidency, it was so helpful to be able to actually see where the needs of our sisters truly were and for the sisters to be able to communicate to us special needs of our sisters. With this program it was virtually impossible for sisters to be "misplaced" or not accounted for.

As you know, my calling as secretary requires monthly reporting to the stake and I cannot even begin to tell you how great it was to have accurate information pulled directly from MLS and to incorporate that into my reporting.

It was very difficult to have to go back to the "old" way of doing things after having such a user-firendly efficient program that truly was an asset in serving the sisters at full capacity. We hope that the Church will see its potential and implement it world wide.

Thank you,
Lynette Saadeh
Foothill Ranch Ward RS Secretary
brado426

Post by brado426 »

Please go here for the latest info regarding this application:

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1319

For a preview of this application, please go here:

http://sites.google.com/a/eqideaexchang ... dreportorg

Thanks,

Brad O.
Mr. M-p40

Post by Mr. M-p40 »

Very cool...thanks for the link...

Are you accepting submissions of things beneficial to the Elder's Quorum?
Mr. M
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit me virtually anytime. ;)

http://www.mariohipol.com
brado426

Post by brado426 »

Mr. M wrote:Very cool...thanks for the link...

Are you accepting submissions of things beneficial to the Elder's Quorum?

The "Preview" link actually links to Douglas A. Hatch's EQ Idea Exchange site. I think it is an awesome idea and I wish that resource existed when I was in the EQ Presidency.

To get more info and learn how to gain access to add content to the site, check this thread:

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1321

Brad O.
TechnoBabel-p40

Post by TechnoBabel-p40 »

Can I give access to my Home Teaching reports to my Bishop? He would like to see our reports. Also, this works so well for us that our Relief Society wants to use it for Visiting Teaching. Is there a demo I could provide to them to show them how this works for Visiting Teaching? -TechnoBabel
brado426

Post by brado426 »

TechnoBabel wrote:Can I give access to my Home Teaching reports to my Bishop? He would like to see our reports. Also, this works so well for us that our Relief Society wants to use it for Visiting Teaching. Is there a demo I could provide to them to show them how this works for Visiting Teaching? -TechnoBabel

Hi TechnoBabel,

In the future, please use the "Technical Support" link on the Supervisor Menu to ask for help regarding ReturnAndReport.org. Since this is not an official Church system, we should probably not be discussing it here. I have sent you a private message answering your questions.

Thanks,

Brad O.
brado426

Reports for Stake Presidents and/or Bishops

Post by brado426 »

Groups (EQ/HP/RS) now have the ability to give access to their reports to anyone. The most obvious use for this feature is to provide access to a group's Bishop and/or Stake President. The "Report Viewing" user can be configured to receive an Email notification when a new report is ready if desired. Only the group's Presidency can give "Report Viewing" access to someone else.

If a "Report Viewing User" logs in, he or she will see a list of all authorized groups. The user can then either view the individual reports for each group or generate a "Group Summary" report as shown below. This report can be generated for any month within the past year.

Return to “Other Member Technologies”