Seeing high council assignments

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
dorantm

Seeing high council assignments

Post by dorantm »

I love the new app for android. It would be great if the High Council list under stake callings also showed specific assignments. Knowing who to contact directly for specific stake level resources (ie: scouting, facilities, etc.,) would be very helpful.
johnshaw

Re: LDS Tools Feedback

Post by johnshaw »

dorantm wrote:I love the new app for android. It would be great if the High Council list under stake callings also showed specific assignments. Knowing who to contact directly for specific stake level resources (ie: scouting, facilities, etc.,) would be very helpful.
This has been asked for for years, position assignments would need to be created per handbook designations. Then the problem becomes the differing implementations I'd stakes.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

dorantm wrote:I love the new app for android. It would be great if the High Council list under stake callings also showed specific assignments. Knowing who to contact directly for specific stake level resources (ie: scouting, facilities, etc.,) would be very helpful.
We are working on the ability to record the specific assignments. Basically it would be the ability to link them to ward/branches in the stake, other organizations in the stake (stake YW, RS, primary, etc), pick from a predefined list of responsibilities, and put in custom text. This would start in LCR where the data would be entered. I'm guessing over time it would be shown in the directory and LDS Tools.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jonesrk wrote:
We are working on the ability to record the specific assignments. Basically it would be the ability to link them to ward/branches in the stake, other organizations in the stake (stake YW, RS, primary, etc), pick from a predefined list of responsibilities, and put in custom text. This would start in LCR where the data would be entered. I'm guessing over time it would be shown in the directory and LDS Tools.
This is great news; thanks! I assume this will come with, or after, calling editing functionality on Leader and Clerk Resources... Will assignments be available for other callings besides High Councilor? For example, if your ward has several assistant clerks, it would be nice for members to see on the LDS.org directory (later on) which one to contact for specific things. Or for it to be made more clear that the executive secretary makes appointments with the bishopric (by recording that as an assignment that appears on the directory).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

sbradshaw wrote:
jonesrk wrote: We are working on the ability to record the specific assignments. Basically it would be the ability to link them to ward/branches in the stake, other organizations in the stake (stake YW, RS, primary, etc), pick from a predefined list of responsibilities, and put in custom text. This would start in LCR where the data would be entered. I'm guessing over time it would be shown in the directory and LDS Tools.
This is great news; thanks! I assume this will come with, or after, calling editing functionality on Leader and Clerk Resources... Will assignments be available for other callings besides High Councilor? For example, if your ward has several assistant clerks, it would be nice for members to see on the LDS.org directory (later on) which one to contact for specific things. Or for it to be made more clear that the executive secretary makes appointments with the bishopric (by recording that as an assignment that appears on the directory).
They will be available for Stake/District/Branch Presidencies, Bishoprics, High Councils including Executive Secretaries and all Clerks.

Return to “Member Tools”