Expanded Access to Leader and Clerk Resources

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

Re: Expanded Access to Leader and Clerk Resources

Post by zaneclark »

I sent out an email to several people to tell them about the new access for ward councils, and my subject line was "Exciting News!" My daughter replied that my definition of exciting was different than hers... Well, this IS exciting news! I am excited to help our ward auxiliaries make use of this to help them in their callings..... Many thanks to all those in the church tech dept who made this possible...
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I notice that stake auxiliary leaders do not have access, so they can't see the various reports, and they can't train their ward/branch counterparts on what resources are available to them.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
kevindurr

Post by kevindurr »

What about for stake auxiliaries?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

drepouille wrote:I notice that stake auxiliary leaders do not have access, so they can't see the various reports, and they can't train their ward/branch counterparts on what resources are available to them.
kevindurr wrote:What about for stake auxiliaries?
It could be that the decision makers on this are taking a firm position on handbook roles. Ward auxiliary leaders have responsibilities for dealing with individuals within their ward, so they need access to lists of members, rolls, etc.

Stake auxiliary leaders have an entirely different role. According to HB2, section 15.4.1, stake auxiliary presidencies "do not fulfill assignments that should be fulfilled on the ward ... level." They "instruct and support ward auxiliary presidencies." They have no responsibilities for individuals, except "As members of [the stake] council, they participate in efforts to build faith and strengthen individuals and families in the stake."

It's certainly a great point that it's difficult for stake auxiliaries to fulfill their responsibility to "instruct and support" when they have no access to LCR themselves, but I can also understand how a strict reading of the handbook could lead to the conclusion that stake auxiliary leaders have no reason to access membership lists. Or it could be that giving access to stake auxiliary leaders is planned, but it required yet another set of permissions, which the developers haven't had time (or been given this as a priority) to implement yet.
atticusewig

Post by atticusewig »

Perhaps Stake Leaders should be given access to test data.
That way they can learn the system so they can train the
ward leaders, but real data isn't shared unnecessarily.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Along the same idea, Stake Leaders could have access to statistical data so they know the status of the wards, but not the individual data which would tempt them run the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Expanded Access for the stake auxiliary presidencies? Sure, I'm for it in a limited way, at least. Perhaps for the reporting tools?

Our stake leaders always request the reports that they ARE allowed to see, but have no access to currently, except through the stake MLS. They request Home teaching and Visiting Teaching reports from each ward, the Key indicators reports from the wards, and the stake quarterly report. Each of these "ward" level reports have sections that deal EXACTLY with the stewardship of the stake auxiliary presidencies as they "instruct and support ward auxiliary presidencies." For them to be able to log on and see it when they need it would be a great help to them.

Do they need more membership information than is in the directory? Perhaps not more "private" information, but to build a list of stake YM or YW would be a great help to them and they wouldn't need to search out a stake clerk.
ramonc

Post by ramonc »

Just want to add my voice to the discussion. Stake Council members should be able to see the same non-confidential info as Ward Council. Stake Young Men President should be able to get a list of all YM in the stake, Stake Young Women should be able to get a list of all the YW in the stake, etc etc. They get them anyway from us. They should be able to retrieve them at their convenience, sitting in a Presidency meeting for example, and thus they can help hasten the work in a more timely manner.
pete13golf

Post by pete13golf »

The position of Primary Secretary has dropped from our listings. How do I add that back

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”