Facebook

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
forresthickman

Facebook

Post by forresthickman »

i'm trying to locate members and have had some success with Facebook. sometimes i even get photos and ages so i recognize them from previously knowing them in person.

my question is (for example), one i'm looking at right now, i have no leads on except Facebook, but all it says is a different city she moved to (no mailing address etc). as i do a phone book search, it comes up empty on her name (she is single / young person who more than likely doesn't have a land line and uses a cell phone only).

what would you suggest i do at this point? no one in the ward knows any about her whereabouts or who to contact to find out.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: Facebook

Post by kisaac »

forresthickman wrote:i'm trying to locate members.....
what would you suggest i do at this point? no one in the ward knows any about her whereabouts or who to contact to find out.
I'm unsure about your question...
Are you trying to locate them to properly send their membership records from your unit to their new location?
If so, have you tried the suggestions in the Wiki on Locating Members?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Facebook

Post by sbradshaw »

This may not be practical, but I wonder if you could send the online referral center missionaries to "knock on her door" on Facebook :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Membership Help”