v2.7: Error when generating PDF for printing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
sharpep

Calendar 2.7 - Print function not working

Post by sharpep »

I have just tried to print the Cheltenham England Stake Calendar and I get an error immediately that the date range is not valid.

Changing the date range and clicking print also produces the error and a pdf file is generated but is not valid (it cannot be opened in PDF reader).

I have tried this in Google Chrome and Internet explorer using Windows 8.1.

I was planning to get this printed for the Stake this week!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar 2.7 - Print function not working

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I merged this post with the existing topic for this issue.]
sharpep wrote:I have just tried to print the Cheltenham England Stake Calendar and I get an error immediately that the date range is not valid.

Changing the date range and clicking print also produces the error and a pdf file is generated but is not valid (it cannot be opened in PDF reader).
Some of the other posts in this topic suggest that you might have success in printing the calendar if you make sure that no locations are selected when you print.
sharpep

Re: v2.7: Error when generating PDF for printing

Post by sharpep »

For me (Cheltenham England Stake) this also happens. But I do not use Locations. I unticked the one location defined in the calendar view and then I was able to print my calendar.

I don't use the locations because I prepare the ics file outside of LDS.org and then import it, but the locations were not imported (I did this prior to 2.7 update - maybe it does now).

Hope that helps.
markapeterson@gmail.com

Unable to print

Post by markapeterson@gmail.com »

As of this week, I am unable to print or save the PDF of a calendar. I get an error saying "Error creating .pdf. Please try a different date range or try again later." This is occuring in Month Week or Agenda view. Is this a known bug or a specific error for me?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to print

Post by russellhltn »

markapeterson@gmail.com wrote:As of this week, I am unable to print or save the PDF of a calendar. I get an error saying "Error creating .pdf. Please try a different date range or try again later." This is occuring in Month Week or Agenda view. Is this a known bug or a specific error for me?
No, some of us get that error as well. It seems to help to uncheck all locations.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Some fixes were put in today on print problems. Please try again and let us know.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

CrockettDR wrote:Some fixes were put in today on print problems. Please try again and let us know.
Still broken for me.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pilling

Post by pilling »

In our stake, we have been and are still having the same calender printing problem, since the 2.7 update.
They were able to print it by logging in with one of the administrators wife's accounts. Dec 4th 9:33 pm PDT
Note: our Exec Sec does not use location, when he posts events???
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

I seem to be able to print the calendar only if I download the pdf to my computer and then print from a pdf program (I used adobe reader 10.1.12). If I try to print directly from the print window generated by lds.org I get nothing. The file isn't sent to my printer. I tried using both firefox 33.1 and chrome 39.0.2171.71 on a mac running 10.9.5.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

With 2.7.1 if I download a PDF file to my computer for printing, and then try to open it, I get a message that the file is corrupted and Adobe cannot open it.

And to begin with, when I click on the Print icon, the popup where you should be able to select a date range and other options opens, and another popup shows that the PDF file is already being created, followed by an error message that says the PDF file could not be created. I never even get the chance to select options.

Return to “Calendar”