Cease and Desist? ldsscriptures.com

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
leejj

Re: Cease and Desist? ldsscriptures.com

Post by leejj »

Maybe see if their "100% Lifetime Money-back Guarantee!" is still effective.
cpmawlam

Post by cpmawlam »

Boo hiss! :mad: This is a serious downer. I have put countless hours of study, notes and lesson compilation into this app, which until now has had zero heat from anyone, let alone Intellectual Reserve Inc. for making the most effective and intuitive full spectrum gospel library available.

At best I will have to re-spend countless hours transcribing to some more stable medium (paper perhaps, perish the thought!) these notes, scripture chains and cross references. Truly a backward step: less effective.
kurttaylor

Post by kurttaylor »

Is there anyone in an official church capacity that can respond to this? Real harm has been done here and silence makes it worse.

It took me over an hour to collect my thoughts and redirect the negative energy the natural man in me would prefer to perpetuate in response to this news.

My heart goes out to the Michael Jensen family and his team. They must be shaken to the core over this.
kurttaylor

Post by kurttaylor »

leejj wrote:Maybe see if their "100% Lifetime Money-back Guarantee!" is still effective.
I would hope that no one would add this level of insult to an already devastating injury to the developers. This app is worth 100 times, yeah more, than what we paid for it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kurttaylor wrote:Is there anyone in an official church capacity that can respond to this?
I'd suggest contacting the legal department at Intellectual Reserve. I don't know as you're going to find anyone here who can speak on that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

kurttaylor wrote:Is there anyone in an official church capacity that can respond to this? Real harm has been done here and silence makes it worse.

It took me over an hour to collect my thoughts and redirect the negative energy the natural man in me would prefer to perpetuate in response to this news.

My heart goes out to the Michael Jensen family and his team. They must be shaken to the core over this.
The church, in an official capacity, has responded. That is where the Cease and Desist comes from. Many in the church have misunderstandings around legal use and sometimes we must live with the consequence of our actions.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
kathylynnhill

Post by kathylynnhill »

I am sick about this too!! I have amassed a treasure through my study using that app. I am going to copy my tags into a notebook. I am not going to loose them again. I am tired of loosing all my work. I think that this technology is changing very rapidly. It is only a matter of time before we will have a scripture app that will be more user friendly. The church is all about making this work for individuals and families! Be patient and back up your study.
moorell

Post by moorell »

This is sad. I like so many have been blessed with this amazing app. Please do what you can to restore it. It is like having your beloved, well marked and researched scriptures taken from you. Please help.
angelicals

Post by angelicals »

Just last week I paid the developers another 1.99 (not a lot of money, granted!) to update to a reading plan. I can't install this update and only realised that they have a cease and desist order on the app. Why accept people's money when it can't be updated. I agree this is a fantastic app, but this has made me a little less charitable towards the developers.
Can't update the new manuals for this year either. Hmph!
rfischvogt

Post by rfischvogt »

I agree. I love this app and am extremely disappointed that it can no longer be updated. I hope somehow it can come back.

Return to “General Discussions”