Leader Resources on LDS Tools for Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Leader Resources on LDS Tools for Android

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:
jdlessley wrote:Access permissions for membership information follow the guidance in the Handbook.
Which section? I think the question is that ward councils are all leaders, why is it only the Bishopric that can see everyone? I haven't seen why EQ and RS presidencies are not included.
I think jdlessley may be referring to the MLS user rights/access policies, which are defined here:
https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizede ... s?lang=eng
aaronarthurdavis

Post by aaronarthurdavis »

I would like to update home teaching routes through LDS tools. Is this going to be possible in the future or is it possible right now. Will we be able to have a MLS app for the android so that leaders can remotely update ward info from there android devises.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

aaronarthurdavis wrote:I would like to update home teaching routes through LDS tools. Is this going to be possible in the future or is it possible right now. Will we be able to have a MLS app for the android so that leaders can remotely update ward info from there android devises.
New features usually come to Leader and Clerk Resources before they come to the LDS Tools app. Therefore, you shouldn't expect major new features in LDS Tools until you see them on Leader and Clerk Resources.

Home teaching functionality for leaders, which will match the current functionality for leaders in MLS, is expected to be on Leader and Clerk Resources sometime in 2015.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Beyond putting existing MLS functionality on the web, we don't know what the future holds - much less when it will happen.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

How can I find out what resources are supposed to be available on Lds Tools? Due to my calling in the HP group, I have access to various reports on the Lds.org website, but these are not available on my Lds tools app.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dsesplin wrote:How can I find out what resources are supposed to be available on Lds Tools?
LDS Tools does not have all resources or tools that are available on LDS.org. Each version of LDS Tools for the different operating systems are not on parity with each other either. They are all a work in progress. There are reports on LDS.org that are not yet available in LDS Tools.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?
jokamura

Post by jokamura »

What access if any, does the Ward Assistant Clerk - Finance have in LDS Tools?

I can't imagine much, but one never knows until they ask.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jokamura wrote:What access if any, does the Ward Assistant Clerk - Finance have in LDS Tools?
I've not seen an access table (hint, hint). But since LDS Tools has zero finance function, I wouldn't expect much, if any. Perhaps they can see "Leadership Only" listings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I think we're all getting a bit to crazy on the mobile app thing. I get that the mobile tool is the place where a good number of people want stuff, but it is NOT the MAIN delivery mechanism, that remains MLS and the website. having the data in an app rather than through a responsive-designed website is a Luxury. The church just hasn't invested in mobile development... Teams of people work on the websites, a single individuals manage mobile development.

Until they put these things up for a vote, I'd get used to useing a webbrowser on your phone rather than the app....

I tried to get this statement out of the ICS director after his keynote this last tech conference. He gave a tremendous presentation of why people just don't understand how hard their jobs are across a global marketplace. my response was, just tell us... tell us your priority, tell us how you are going about deliverying solutions, and we'll start evangelizing... Insteand we 'get what we get, and are expected not to throw a fit'
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I agree, especially when it comes to features being requested in an app that aren't online yet. Wait for things to be made available online, before you hope for them to be added in an app. There are a few exceptions of things unique to apps – like, in LDS Tools, adding to contacts or caller ID – but new sets of data or new tools will probably not be in an app until they have proven themselves on LDS.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”