LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS.org calendar not sending email updates

Post by russellhltn »

grantmosshijo wrote:What should I do?
At this point I'd suggest you find an alternative. There just isn't any options until it gets fixed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ethzmoos

Post by ethzmoos »

We had a ward member pass away about 3 months ago, that information was entered into MLS and that was when the notifications stopped working. then 3 months later the notifications started working again.

We just had another ward member pass away. I am waiting to see if the notification system is affected again.

Grant so far the only solution has been to wait a few months and then the notifications start working again. the issue seems to be tied to entering the information that a ward member ahs passed.
Leesat

Post by Leesat »

The calendar event email notification system is now working again. Seems like it may have been inoperable while the calendar was being updated. I sent out notification email this evening and it went through with no problems.
pauleswift

Post by pauleswift »

I am a Bishop and we are having this issue still. It only works if you select the "SEND NOW" option. If you select the send later, say 2 days before and save it looks fine. Then go out of the event and back in to see the settings, the email options have gone back to "NO THANKS"
fredmrichard

Post by fredmrichard »

I concur with the Bishop in the previous post that e-mail notifications for events are not being set up and sent as requested. Hoping another recent posting will revive this thread.
larsonj

Post by larsonj »

Same problem here. Email notifications are NOT working for our stake. We've just finished encouraging our stake members to subscribe to the stake calendars only to now discover that the notifications aren't working. How can I fix this? Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

larsonj wrote:How can I fix this?
It's out of your control. I'd suggest having people subscribe via the Sync so the events will show on their calendars instead of via email reminders.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

Notifications going out is still a known problem. It works for many units but doesn't for others. The fix invovles a couple systems and we hope to have it addressed during this month (April).
BensMeister

Post by BensMeister »

I was able to send out a notification immediately and flawlessly 3/11/2015 7:49 PM (PT), however I have not had success over the last several days. Many thanks to the IS staff who have made the LCR section so awesome that I could, at least, mine some data and send emails and texts out last second as a plan B.
kadefreitas

Post by kadefreitas »

We cannot get any RS events to send email notifications. It worked once a few months ago and now nothing. I have checked subscriptions and settings in the calendar options and all appears to be correct for my account.

What else can I do to identify the problem?

It seems a shame that after months of encouraging sisters to have a correct email address in their accounts that we are now having to go back to emailing with a long list of email addresses that will certainly miss many due to changes, moves etc.

Return to “Calendar”