Gospel Library and lds.org scriptures not syncing

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

kthcls1976

Gospel Library and lds.org scriptures not syncing

Post by kthcls1976 »

My Gospel Library and lds.org scriptures aren't syncing when it comes to notes/highlights. I've synced both. Any suggestions?
ToManyLetters

Re: Gospel Library and lds.org scriptures not syncing

Post by ToManyLetters »

Make sure you are signed in on both LDS.org and in the application. Further, pressing 'sync' manually only downloads annotations already synced to LDS.org--it does not upload any awaiting annotations. You may need to simply close the app to get it to upload pending annotations.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
elderortega

Post by elderortega »

Just in case, churchofjesuschirst.org online scriptures is syncing nothing ... no bookmarks, no highlights, no notes ... and it is a very needed feature for those that can read from the online scriptures.
Please give attention to this.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

elderortega wrote:Please give attention to this.
Nobody in these forums can do anything. The forums are user-to-user self support and we are regular users just like you. Your best action to get your inputs to those who can do anything is to use the feedback link found at the bottom of the church web page you are experiencing difficulties.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
SMBlaylock

Post by SMBlaylock »

On a fairly similar note, is there something I've missed in settings? I discovered my laptop's version of the app hadn't synced since October, and I had thought it was doing so automatically. It would help tremendously to have that automatically syncing, since I use this both on the laptop (Win10) and on my Android 7.0 tablet.
josephcloward

Post by josephcloward »

I've had the same problem. None of the annotations I've made in the app on my tablet (Surface Go) have uploaded. The last update was Oct. 29th. I've hesitated to reinstall the app because I don't particularly want to lose all the annotations I've made over the past month (the app is where I do the majority of my scripture study). Has anyone found a solution for this?
spencerto
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by spencerto »

There was a change made to the Church's authentication system in late October which invalidates all the tokens for the app. You will need to sign-out and back in again for new tokens to be issued and for syncing to resume. It may warn that unsynced annotations could be lost if you sign-out, but in this particular case it is called a "soft sign-out" state and should not lose your annotations, at least that has been the case with most users.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”