High priest and Elder assignments

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
1historian

High priest and Elder assignments

Post by 1historian »

We have several perspective Elders who are being fellowshipped and attend the Elders Quorum. Under LCR3.0 they are assigned to the High Priests how can I move them Elders Section so that they can be assigned a Elders Quorum Home Teacher? I was able to change his class assignment of one of them to the elders quorum and it put a *out of default class assignment warning but he is still listed in the HP and we cant assign him to a Elders companionship.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: High priest and Elder assignments

Post by jdlessley »

Remove them from the High Priests Group. You will be be prompted as to what organization they should be moved to. Select Elders Quorum.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dfchamplain

Post by dfchamplain »

I too have the same problem. I have moved the individuals to the EQ, but am still not able to see them show up to be assigned or visited for Home Teaching.
1historian

Post by 1historian »

I can't remove him from the HP Group because he is assigned to the EQ since I changed the class assignment. However I can only assign him a HP home teacher because shows up on the HP list in LCR because he is a perspective Elder. The question is how do we convert him in LCR so it will allow the change?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think the answer is that LCR may not be able to change class assignments. That may have to be done in MLS.

But once the class/quorum is assigned, then the HT assignments can follow.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:I think the answer is that LCR may not be able to change class assignments. That may have to be done in MLS.
If you are on LCR 3.0 class assignments are done in LCR and not allowed in MLS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:If you are on LCR 3.0 class assignments are done in LCR and not allowed in MLS.
Thanks for that clarification. I couldn't find anything in the release notes nor the Access Table that indicated that.

Who does have the ability to assign classes? Does the HP Leader or EQ President have those rights, or will they have to ask a clerk to fix up the assignments before they can straighten out the HT assignments?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Who does have the ability to assign classes? Does the HP Leader or EQ President have those rights, or will they have to ask a clerk to fix up the assignments before they can straighten out the HT assignments?
Our assistant ward clerk had to make the HP or EQ assignment changes today. I suspect that will be the case, since it is a bishopric determination to which quorum a family is assigned.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Our assistant ward clerk had to make the HP or EQ assignment changes today. I suspect that will be the case, since it is a bishopric determination to which quorum a family is assigned.
Actually, I was referring to the assignment of a Prospective Elder to a quorum, but I suspect the answer is the same.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
Who does have the ability to assign classes? Does the HP Leader or EQ President have those rights
Yes the HP Leader can make class assignments

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”