manage home/visiting teaching and callings on lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
eblood66

Re: manage home/visiting teaching and callings on lds.org

Post by eblood66 »

mikericks wrote:It is not and should not be up to the "developers" to determine who has access.
Decisions about who has access to what is not made by the developers. It is made by the product managers and general authorities in the Priesthood department.

You can make the case for why changes should be made by using the Feedback link in LCR. Your stake president can also talk to his area authority about any concerns he has about it. Changes to permissions have been made in the past. But these decisions are definitely made by priesthood leaders who do have authority to decide these issues.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

mikericks wrote: This change, although much more convenient, is even more inflexible.
In total agreement here, but every one of us could argue the trade-offs...more convenience or more flexibility! Remember these tools are adapting as they mature, and LCR 3.0 is just that, the third version. There no doubt will be a 4th, and so on. Exercise patience, and use the feedback link to tell developers what you need. I also think Handbook 2, chapter 17, Uniformity and Adaptability, should be read like we read all the other sections we quote so often.
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:
mikericks wrote:To make this work in the mls, each home teaching companionship were in two districts, one showing the high priest and single sisters and another for the elders families they home teach. To manage this, the elders and high priests need access to all the districts.
Seems to me that it could still be done -it's just the HP enter or change the data for HP responsibilities and the EQ does the same for their area.
You never responded to russellhltn's comment here. Why exactly can't each quorum edit the assignments they are responsible for and report on the families they are responsible for? Knowing more specifics might help others help come up with a solution for you using existing functionality.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kisaac wrote:I also think Handbook 2, chapter 17, Uniformity and Adaptability, should be read like we read all the other sections we quote so often.
Interesting point. I'm not sure which side you're taking on that (versatility vs. following the manual) but I'm not sure how any of the things raised in Chapter 17 apply to any of the situations discussed in this thread. I don't think anyone has raised any of the hardships listed, nor is HT listed as one of those things that can be adapted. Inspiration is not listed as a overriding factor.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
melclot

Post by melclot »

I can access the home teaching/visiting teaching screens on both iPad and iPhone, but I only get a blank screen on the iPad. The iPhone has all the information visible, but the iPad doesn't show the info even though I can print info from the blank screen, (although I don't know what I'm printing until it comes up.) Has anyone else seen this problem? I'm using a iPad 2 with IOS 8.3, the latest software. Thanks

By the way, I can access and see all in the manage callings screen.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

Can you verify your browser is not in private mode? That's a known issue that hasn't been resolved yet, Safari in private mode will not display the site correctly.
markdowe

Post by markdowe »

I am the Stake Clerk in our stake and have been asked to provide training for the Stake RS Presidency on how to manage VT in Leader and Clerk Resources. I do not have the same privileges as the ward clerks and therefore cannot see what they see.
I have 2 questions:
1) Are there training videos available to assist me with my training assignment, and
2) When the wards print the VT or HT lists, can they print the address of the members on the list?
Mark
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

It seems pretty rare that stake leaders have the same view and privileges as ward leaders. The only application I can think of that allows stake leaders to do the same thing as ward leaders is Lesson Schedules. The calendar application comes close, too.

As a stake clerk, I would love to be able to see and do everything the stake president can see and do, as well as the bishops and ward clerks, so I may train them how to use LCR and other applications on lds.org. However, it seems the best we can hope for is the Help Center, which has not yet been updated for home/visiting teaching, as far as I can tell. I could be wrong, though.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

I have asked if there will be any training materials for using Home and visiting teaching on LCR. The response was 'No' as they felt it was intuitive and didn't need anything.

I am wondering if this decision might be revised based on the number of posts regarding this topic and possibly feedback they will have received since it went live.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What material there is can be found in the Help Center. Training material, and frequently the help files lag changes in the application.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”