manage home/visiting teaching and callings on lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dla22

Re: manage home/visiting teaching and callings on lds.org

Post by dla22 »

I am grateful to now have HT reporting in LCR and available to me (EQP) from anywhere.

Does anyone know if I should be able to see any history? Right now I have a blank slate. No districts, no companionships and no households assigned Home Teachers. I stopped by the Stake Center yesterday and they confirmed they also do not see any history for the whole Stake through LCR. Nothing migrated over from MLS. I also confirmed on the Ward computer that MLS will no longer allow updates. Thanks.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

There should be history, if things imported correctly. I'm not sure why it didn't import correctly.
dla22

Post by dla22 »

That would be my hope. Who could I contact privately to work out those details? I don't see an 800 help desk type number.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

dla22 wrote:Does anyone know if I should be able to see any history? Right now I have a blank slate. No districts, no companionships and no households assigned Home Teachers. I stopped by the Stake Center yesterday and they confirmed they also do not see any history for the whole Stake through LCR. Nothing migrated over from MLS. I also confirmed on the Ward computer that MLS will no longer allow updates.
Your ward is running an outdated version of MLS. As a result, the home and visiting teaching data from MLS was never transferred to Church headquarters. The latest MLS backup available at headquaters is from May 17. We have a manual process for importing your data that will import data up to that date. You will need to reenter any changes since that date.

If your clerk has been getting prompts to update MLS, he should allow the update to install. If he hasn't been prompted to update MLS, there may be an issue with the patching software, although I show that patches are available and have been transferred to your ward's computer. In that case, he may need to install with the installer. The service center can provide assistance, if necessary.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Several clerks (including myself) in my stake have been concerned about the warnings about the multiple executions of the rpatch utility. We had no idea it was trying to update MLS to the next version, so many of us click the "No" button whenever those dialogs pop up. That may be why several units are running older versions of MLS.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

drepouille wrote:Several clerks (including myself) in my stake have been concerned about the warnings about the multiple executions of the rpatch utility. We had no idea it was trying to update MLS to the next version, so many of us click the "No" button whenever those dialogs pop up. That may be why several units are running older versions of MLS.
Don't do that. :)
Biggles

Re: Wireless Survey of church building with Netspot

Post by Biggles »

drepouille wrote:Several clerks (including myself) in my stake have been concerned about the warnings about the multiple executions of the rpatch utility. We had no idea it was trying to update MLS to the next version, so many of us click the "No" button whenever those dialogs pop up. That may be why several units are running older versions of MLS.
For those of us who are reasonably 'tech savvy', clicking on those pop-ups comes quite naturally, as we are aware of their importance and where they've come from.

I look after several computers outside of the Church and I stress the importance of not just clicking on any requestor that pops-up if they aren't sure what it's for. I've lost count of the number times and hours spent getting rid of malware etc., because of this.

A fair amount of this, IMHO, has happened since Windows 7 has been rolled out to Clerk computers. W7 has far higher security settings than XP and as a consequence more chance of installs being rejected. However this is no excuse for not reading the MLS messages about the pending update, but is understandable in not wanting to risk nasties getting onboard.
dla22

Post by dla22 »

Thanks all! I will get back to my clerks and Stake people and let them know to update MLS.
drepouille

Re: Wireless Survey of church building with Netspot

Post by drepouille »

Biggles wrote:A fair amount of this, IMHO, has happened since Windows 7 has been rolled out to Clerk computers. W7 has far higher security settings than XP and as a consequence more chance of installs being rejected. However this is no excuse for not reading the MLS messages about the pending update, but is understandable in not wanting to risk nasties getting onboard.
Agreed. Sure, I knew an MLS update was coming, but I did not know the update would be performed by a program named rpatch. The first time I saw the pop-up, I had no idea what it was. I don't remember reading anything that told me to expect something named rpatch to run.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
GregAndersen

Post by GregAndersen »

Our graduating seniors are showing up on the RS roll but not on the list to be assigned visiting teachers. Appreciate any help trouble shooting.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”