manage home/visiting teaching and callings on lds.org

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: manage home/visiting teaching and callings on lds.org

Post by jonesrk »

Biggles wrote:
dustinm wrote:Per https://www.lds.org/help/support/home-a ... g?lang=eng
Note: Units that are able to use LCR will no longer be able to update home and visiting teaching in MLS, and changes made to home and visiting teaching in LCR will not be updated in MLS.
Thanks everyone for the answer to my question.

The link above takes me to a restricted access page with this message "The content on this page is restricted to certain roles. LDS Account sign-in is required."

I'm a Ward Clerk as well as an STS, so what other calling would be needed? ;)
I got the same message on that page, but the quoted info is on the LCR 3.0 release notes page (under Important Information).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Biggles wrote:The link [ ] takes me to a restricted access page with this message "The content on this page is restricted to certain roles. LDS Account sign-in is required."

I suspect a glitch. I just got in as an STS. You might try again. The page was updated Friday, and maybe a setting got out of whack. Or it forgot you were signed in?

Or it was just busy. When things get busy, pages returned get really interesting.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lajackson wrote:
Biggles wrote:The link [ ] takes me to a restricted access page with this message "The content on this page is restricted to certain roles. LDS Account sign-in is required."

I suspect a glitch. I just got in as an STS. You might try again. The page was updated Friday, and maybe a setting got out of whack. Or it forgot you were signed in?

Or it was just busy. When things get busy, pages returned get really interesting.
Nope! Just tried it and it still doesn't like me, even though I'm still logged in. :o
sammythesm

Post by sammythesm »

As a Bishopric member, I can log in and see the home teaching stuff on LCR. If I make a change, it does not save.

My wife is the VT coordinator. She can see Visiting Teaching only, and her May entries into MLS are not in LCR. (They were entered before we got the notification on Sunday that LCR was ready, so not sure why it was not pre-populated into LCR.) She also cannot edit anything on LCR like me. None of her edits stick when checking the check boxes.

Anyone else seeing these issues?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sammythesm wrote:her May entries into MLS are not in LCR. (They were entered before we got the notification on Sunday that LCR was ready, so not sure why it was not pre-populated into LCR.)
That part is understandable. You probably got converted before you read the notice and the data didn't make it's way into LCR.

I'm not sure who has edit rights on LCR. The Access Table hasn't been updated to reflect LCR 3.0.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dla22

Post by dla22 »

scgallafent wrote:
dla22 wrote:Could something have changed at HQ?
I added you to the list to be manually imported and we processed some of those yesterday.
Thank you very much. I notified the Stake Clerk who helped me on Sunday and he confirmed he is now able to view data for all of our Wards. Hopefully you don't have to do many more manual imports!
forest74

Post by forest74 »

I am the clerk of a Branch in our STK which leadership are all out-of-unit within the STK. I just updated the membership online to include all of the out-of-unit members. My question is this how would I be able to update our home/visiting teaching when the leadership will not show up on the home/visiting teaching application included in the lds.org? When I look up the membership each leadership who are out-of-unit have an astrix by their name to show who they are. However, they do not show up on the home/visiting teaching membership list. The only home/visiting teaching companionship's is the leadership of the branch with only a few members included. I can see the members but not the out-of-unit members. Any ideas or is this going to be in a future update?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

forest74 wrote:My question is this how would I be able to update our home/visiting teaching when the leadership will not show up on the home/visiting teaching application included in the lds.org?
The short answer is that the direction the developers were given by the Priesthood Department was that members are to be home teaching in their home wards, not in the wards they are assigned to lead. See this post.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wooten

Post by wooten »

Hello,

Our ward has the same issue that dla22 reported. None of our Home Teaching/Visiting Teaching assignments were transferred from MLS to LCR. I have forwarded the information about the MLS patch to our Clerk. Hopefully, that will help. In the meanwhile, I noticed that someone was kind enough to fix the problem for dla22. If we could have the same fix, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
wooten

Post by wooten »

It appears from my observations of LCR and comments on the forum that households for Elders and High Priests are separated so that the HPGL cannot see households assigned to Elders and the EQP cannot see households assigned to High Priests. How do we reassign a household to a different group when the need arises?

On a related note, in MLS a HPGL could see and print lists of households home taught by the Elders and lists of sisters visiting taught by the Relief Society. I have been unable to find a way to view this information in LCR. If there is a way, can someone please instruct me how? If not, what is the most effective way to submit enhancement requests? This information can be very helpful to Priesthood and Relief Society leaders.

Thanks!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”