Does Heavenly Father ever mentioned if science important...

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
~Gabrielle~

Does Heavenly Father ever mentioned if science important...

Post by ~Gabrielle~ »

:confused: Does Heavenly Father ever mentioned if science important or nature is more important or both?
lmcguire

Re: Does Heavenly Father ever mentioned if science important

Post by lmcguire »

IMO, science and nature are not and cannot be in competition with one another - science is a means of studying something, or the knowledge acquired through such study (though many in the world treat it as if it were religion and set doctrine (though they wouldn't use those words)).

Perhaps these verses will help: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testa ... ang=eng#76

I would also recommend the topical guide (both Science and Nature are topics there) and the dictionary definitions of these words.

If you post more thoughts / details about the idea you're trying to explore, that might spur more ideas from others...

FWIW,

Liz
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Here is a link to a good write-up on the environment and our duty and stewardship for conservation.

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/e ... nservation
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
~Gabrielle~

Post by ~Gabrielle~ »

Thanks, that helps. If any of you have more information please tell me.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

~Gabrielle~ wrote:Thanks, that helps. If any of you have more information please tell me.
At the risk of this thread getting any further into a religious discussion I must remind all users of the Code of Conduct restriction that states "You may not post ... Religious discussions or debate." The purpose of the Forum is to discuss Church technology, record keeping, and some administration. Religious discussions are beyond the scope and charter of the Forum.

Questions regarding doctrine should be directed to your local priesthood leaders.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “General Discussions”