Windows 10 Surface Pro

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

malukaly

Windows 10 Surface Pro

Post by malukaly »

Since upgrading to Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3, I have had difficulty using LDS Tools and Gospel Library. Part of the issue was re-registering the store apps again. That made them able to launch.

Now, tools works, but library doesn't allow you to download books. You can sometimes do so indirectly, like through a history item, but on the main page, you cannot. without geting HRESULT: 0x80072EE4 error.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

M
heatonandy

Re: Windows 10 Surface Pro

Post by heatonandy »

I just bought a surface pro 3 and downloaded the app after installing windows 10. I wasn't able to download any content at first but came bad any content at first but came back a week later and tried again and was able to.
aedtl

Post by aedtl »

This is my first time using the app, and I'm unable to download any content on my Surface Pro 1 with Windows 10.
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

Try downloading the beta version of the app and download content there. We had to change how the app downloads contents because of a bug in Windows.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
malukaly

Post by malukaly »

I found a solution.

check: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... progeneral

It relates to Windows 8.1; however, it applies. Renaming the location of the temporary internet files under browsing history did the trick. I even pointed it to the same folder that was indicated (INetCache) and it created a "Temporary Internet Files" directory. Now everything is downloadable in the Gospel Library App.

Hope this helps.

M
Panowest

Post by Panowest »

I have had the exact problem as the OP with any Windows 8.1 device that was upgraded to 10, not just the MS Surface. Where the Gospel Library app was already installed prior to the upgrade.
The fix for them has been to simply uninstall the Gospel Library app and reinstall it again. Works like a charm then.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”