iOS 9 and LDS.org

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
hiltonc

Re: iOS 9 and LDS.org

Post by hiltonc »

When tapping a link and Gospel Library is opened, but you wanted to go to Safari, you'll see an "lds.org" link on the right side of the status bar. Tap that.

We've removed the integration from lds.org that causes this, but it is cached on some devices. I do not how long it will take for the problem to go away for affected devices.
remmer

Post by remmer »

I have upgraded to the new public release of iOS 9 and when I go to sign in on LDS.org, my iPhone tries to open Gospel Library. I have deleted Gospel Library for the time being and now I can sign into LDS.org.
t0008sa

Post by t0008sa »

I'm guessing this will turn into a big issue today as lots of folks now log in with iOS 9 with its release this last week. I've cleared the cache in my browsers but am still seeing the issue.
jefferymoulton

Post by jefferymoulton »

This is still an issue. You can't access many parts of lds.org because it launches into the Gospel Library. This is especially frustrating when trying to access leader resources or donations or any other tools.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'm not having the problem anymore, but when I did, I think I was able to long-hold a link (for example, in the My Account and Ward menu), and choose specifically to have it open in Safari.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jefferymoulton wrote:This is still an issue. You can't access many parts of lds.org because it launches into the Gospel Library. This is especially frustrating when trying to access leader resources or donations or any other tools.
A few posts back, hiltonc explained how to work around it.
When tapping a link and Gospel Library is opened, but you wanted to go to Safari, you'll see an "lds.org" link on the right side of the status bar. Tap that.
Or try the long-hold suggestion sbradshaw provided in the immediately preceding post.
topquark

Post by topquark »

I got hit by this bug this morning during Ward Council, so it is still an issue.

Thank you for the workarounds - I'll give them a try. Hopefully this will be resolved very quickly now that iOS 9 has been released.
wbingham

Post by wbingham »

I'm having the same problem. I can access tech.lds.org, but when I am at LDS.org and try to sign in, I hit the submit button and it goes to Gospel Library and says " Cannot open content. The requested content is not currently available."
I've tried clearing the cache and any website data, I've tried restarting the iPad, but no change in behavior. I guess the next step is to remove Gospel Library until minds sharper than mine can figure it out.
dpalica

Post by dpalica »

I was able to resolve the issue by uninstalling Gospel Library, and then reinstalling it again.

- Dave -
jcurle

Post by jcurle »

Uninstalling and reinstalling Gospel Library worked for me also. Thanks!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”