Online Donations

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
hmataele

Re: Online Donations

Post by hmataele »

I try to add my bank account. I get the following error "Currently unable to add an account. Please try again later." I've been trying for two weeks. Please help.
Jeraymond

Post by Jeraymond »

Thank you for the info. I am a new Clerk....what is CDOL?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Jeraymond wrote:what is CDOL?
Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders: cdol.lds.org
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

hmataele wrote:I try to add my bank account. I get the following error "Currently unable to add an account. Please try again later." I've been trying for two weeks. Please help.
You may wish to ask your ward clerk to help you if this is still a problem.
rnclem

Post by rnclem »

All of the Back information was entered correctly. When I entered the routing number it found my bank right there in Utah no problem. I entered my checking account as required twice and hit save and it goes back to a start over screen. I have done it at least 10 times. Any Ideas
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

rnclem wrote:All of the Back information was entered correctly. When I entered the routing number it found my bank right there in Utah no problem. I entered my checking account as required twice and hit save and it goes back to a start over screen. I have done it at least 10 times. Any Ideas
Kind of a long shot but sometimes this type of behavior occurs if you monkey with your cookie settings. For example, in firefox, I have my cookie setting to "ask me every time", which means anytime a website wants to save a cookie on my computer, I'm asked first if I want to allow it. I can accept or decline. If I decline, sometimes that causes the website to not work properly and you get behavior similar to what you described. For example, I might be on a shopping site and when I "add to cart", nothing gets added to the cart. Or I might try to login and I'm taken back to the login screen right after logging in successfully.

You can reply to me privately offline if you want more details on how to fix this. But like I said, it's a long shot. If you haven't changed your cookie setting, then this probably isn't the problem.

One thing you can try is using another browser. Even if you didn't change your cookie settings, there's a remote chance that a cookie is messed up for that browser. Try IE, firefox, or chrome (or safari if on the mac). If it works in another browser, then it's probably a cookie problem, and again, you can contact me privately if you want to discuss further. (It's not really a topic for this forum.)

BTW, I customized my cookie setting so that I can decline cookies with things like "metrics" or "adserver" and such in the domain name. I don't really want my browsing tracked with site metrics even though that often helps the company optimize their website.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

In another related topic, someone who was not able to use Online Donations did not have a primary email address on record at their LDS Account. You may wish to see if somehow that is the case (ldsaccount.lds.org). The Donations system seems to throw an unrelated error message in these cases, and they are looking into that, as well.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Good point, although it looks like the "primary" email address and the "membership" email address will soon be merged so maybe that problem will go away.
lds.jpg
(146.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
coughanour

Post by coughanour »

I setup the wrong account before submitting a donation - resulting in an nsf and reversed donation. Now that I have the correct account setup, I want to resubmit that donation that was reversed and still apply it to 2015. How can I do this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

coughanour wrote:I want to resubmit that donation that was reversed and still apply it to 2015. How can I do this?
Have the ward clerk check with CHQ to see what can be done. However, this is an area of banking rules and tax laws, I wouldn't get too hopeful.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Online Donations”