"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by aebrown »

destabrook wrote:On the subject of "Send a message," can I attach a document to an email sent through "send a message?" If so, how do you attach a document to the message to be sent?
No, that's still not possible. But a workaround is mentioned in this post.
destabrook

Post by destabrook »

I did look on the help center, but didn't find it. I may have just missed it. Thank you for your reply.
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

OK, so no formatting ability no way no how. This is to bad. :( It would be so helpful. There must be a reason that they do not want formatting apart of it. I wonder why? I have left suggestions in the feedback, but no response. Guess it is just not a priority?

It does allow you to include links in the "Send a Message", however I have not been able to figure out how to do a shortened link. like you would in M/S to shorten the link but keep the link embedded into the message. Does any one know how to do this in "Send a Message? :)
mevans

Post by mevans »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:OK, so no formatting ability no way no how. This is to bad. :( It would be so helpful. There must be a reason that they do not want formatting apart of it. I wonder why?
We may not find out why, but my guess would be limited resources and too many projects. We have the needed function, and the other stuff might just be extras. Some church employees occasionally make comments in this forum and they might choose to enlighten us further.
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:It does allow you to include links in the "Send a Message", however I have not been able to figure out how to do a shortened link. like you would in M/S to shorten the link but keep the link embedded into the message. Does any one know how to do this in "Send a Message? :)
Just do an online search for "URL shortener." A variety of services are available.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:OK, so no formatting ability no way no how. This is to bad. :( It would be so helpful. There must be a reason that they do not want formatting apart of it. I wonder why? I have left suggestions in the feedback, but no response.
There is no guarantee that you will get a response to feedback. Several different people help to work through the feedback, but there is no way we could individually respond to every item.
1968leocomeeatabite

Thank you all for your responses, this is good and great.
Just do an online search for "URL shortener." A variety of services are available.
So will this work in "Send a Message" ? I have done the shortened in MS and and then copied and past into "send a message" but the only way it worked was if I had the complete LINK or URL. How do I get it to work in Send a Message?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

1968leocomeeatabite wrote:
So will this work in "Send a Message" ? I have done the shortened in MS and and then copied and past into "send a message" but the only way it worked was if I had the complete LINK or URL. How do I get it to work in Send a Message?
The copy and paste didn't work because you were copying text that was hyperlinked. Hyperlinking is not available in Send a Message. So when you pasted you were only pasting the text and not the hyperlinked text with URL.

URL shortening is explained here. Since a shortened URL functions like a regular full length URL it will work in Send a Message.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
1968leocomeeatabite

Thank you for your replies. This forum is a great help and a blessing.

[Moderator note: another question on a totally different question was asked at this point. That has been split off to a separate topic, which can be found at Bishopric photo on Facebook group.]
Last edited by aebrown on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove discussion of new issue, which is now in a different topic.
SamuelHuff

Post by SamuelHuff »

I am a stake exec sec and am having an issue when trying to use the "Send A Message" function to the entire stake. I go through and select all members, wait for it to load all the recipients, type the message and then click to send. I get a pop-up box stating that an error occurred and to try it later. I can send an email to an entire ward without a problem. However when I try to send an email to a second ward distribution then I get the same error.

I don't ever have the error pop-up when sending to small distribution lists. Anyone else experiencing the issue? Is there a way to resolve?

Thanks in advance
Sam

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”