Material Design app

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
dhkdc

Material Design app

Post by dhkdc »

Is it possible to have a material design version of the Gospel Library app? The content is already perfect, but not in terms of design. It keeps in the Holo design guidelines from android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. I would like to see a more minimalist design as you had done in the iPhone app but with the Material Design guidelines for Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Material Design app

Post by aebrown »

dtoledofuentes wrote:Is it possible to have a material design version of the Gospel Library app? The content is already perfect, but not in terms of design. It keeps in the Holo design guidelines from android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. I would like to see a more minimalist design as you had done in the iPhone app but with the Material Design guidelines for Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Such an upgrade is not a trivial undertaking. A Material Design upgrade is underway for LDS Tools (see here), and I imagine that the Gospel Library app will be updated similarly as well at some point. But resources are limited, so it may not happen as quickly as you might hope.

In any case, you're welcome to use the Feedback option (on the Help menu within the app) to make the request yourself. That way the product managers will see your request (they're unlikely to see your post here on the forum).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Material Design app

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, Material Design is coming with version 3.5 of Gospel Library for Android:
https://dribbble.com/shots/2322709-Gosp ... ial-Design
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
amulert

Material You Gospel Library 6.4.0

Post by amulert »

Gospel Library was recently update with a design refresh very similar to Google's Material You Design language. In this update, the option to customize the color in the app was taken away. This raises the question for me, will the Material You color scheme (where apps run the same color preference as set by the device) eventually be coming to Gospel Library for Android?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Material You Gospel Library 6.4.0

Post by sbradshaw »

amulert wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:44 am Gospel Library was recently update with a design refresh very similar to Google's Material You Design language. In this update, the option to customize the color in the app was taken away. This raises the question for me, will the Material You color scheme (where apps run the same color preference as set by the device) eventually be coming to Gospel Library for Android?
I don't think this is likely in the short term, as the Church is careful about brand identity, and colors are part of that – but if you'd like to see full Material You colors adopted, it might be worth sending feedback about as a feature request (Settings > Send Feedback).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”