Suggestion: Patriarch access to potential Stake members who could be considered for a Patriarchal Blessing

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sj3vans

Suggestion: Patriarch access to potential Stake members who could be considered for a Patriarchal Blessing

Post by sj3vans »

When I go to the Access Table in LCR and set the Role to Patriarch, I can see that he has no additional access. Please consider adding access to allow him to see and contact those who might be good candidates for a Patriarchal Blessing, particularly the youth of that age. At first glance, this might include the following access at a Stake level (not just his ward):

Membership Information : View Member Profiles
Reports : Birthday List
Reports : Member List
Reports : Members Moved In
Reports : New Member

If there is a better place to suggest this, please let me know. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Suggestion: Patriarch access to potential Stake members who could be considered for a Patriarchal Blessing

Post by russellhltn »

From the October 2002 General Conference: "Patriarchs do not advertise for blessings." It's up to the local leaders to encourage, interview and refer members to him.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Suggestion: Patriarch access to potential Stake members who could be considered for a Patriarchal Blessing

Post by sbradshaw »

Also, Leader and Clerk Resources doesn't show who has already received a patriarchal blessing and who hasn't – I wish it did – but currently there would be no way to filter by that.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sj3vans

Post by sj3vans »

@russellhltn, Thank you for that Conference reference. I'll pass it on to the Patriarch who made this request.

@sbradshaw, that is a good point. We just sustained a new Patriarch who is very tech savvy and I'm sure that will be one of his first question to me! I could definitely see a useful report available to Bishops and the Stake Patriarch on who has not received a Patriarchal Blessing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It might do well to review Handbook 1:15, in particular 15.3. I tried to look for the publication referenced, but didn't find it on-line. But it would be good to make sure the Patriarch in question has this publication.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sj3vans

Post by sj3vans »

Thanks russellhltn. I couldn't find it online either. I did find this: "Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting: The Patriarch" (booklet, 25240; DVD, 25241 090). I'll track it down.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Information and Suggestions for Patriarchs will not be available online. The stake president can obtain it if he and/or the patriarch do not have a copy.

Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting: The Patriarch also provides excellent training information. The stake president uses these two documents (and inspiration and revelation) to train a new stake patriarch, and as he visits with the patriarch from time to time.

The talk by President Boyd K. Packer is the best I have ever heard on the subject. It is the next best thing to reading Information and Suggestions for Patriarchs.
jlewistaylor

Post by jlewistaylor »

need access to east mill creek 12th ward membership records
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jlewistaylor wrote:need access to east mill creek 12th ward membership records
Talk to the stake president. If he thinks you have a valid reason to have access above what the directory allows, he'll instruct the clerk to provide a printout. The only way to get direct access is to hold a calling that grants access. Patriarch is not one of them.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”