Baptism - Children approaching the font

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
silus99

Baptism - Children approaching the font

Post by silus99 »

It was brought up in my ward that someone remembers a communication from the Church asking that children not be invited to come closer to the font during the baptism but remain in their seats. (for as long as I can remember the young children were invited to come kneel in front to see better) I cannot find a copy and wondered if anyone here could point to the communication or policy so we can make sure we are following the correct procedure?

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Baptism - Children approaching the font

Post by russellhltn »

I think this falls under the category of "Appropriate safety precautions should be taken whenever water is in the font." (Handbook 2: 20.3.5) At one time our font was "open" and it would be easy for someone to fall in. But now our font has a clear barrier to prevent that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
silus99

Re: Baptism - Children approaching the font

Post by silus99 »

Thanks for the reply. You might be right that it is not a policy but rather a safety precaution. We have the barrier as well.

Thanks!

Return to “General Discussions”