Gospel Library 4.0 for Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
lmcguire

Re: Gospel Library 4.0 for Android

Post by lmcguire »

1) I don't know.

2) You can pin it in landscape mode and then it takes up half the screen. There is no solution in portrait mode.

3) I don't know.

4) Agreed - annoying. Burying useful things under more clicks is not helpful.

The more I used it, the more problems I found. The more I read here, the more problems I learned I would find. I reverted to the old version - there's a link to it in this topic if you wish to do the same.
kmpris

Post by kmpris »

"Notes experience" - Is there no way to show Notes at the bottom of the screen? It appears that user added Tags and Notes show only when Related Content is selected. Is that correct?
rogerandmoira

Re: Gospel Library for IPad

Post by rogerandmoira »

All of my previous annotations disappeared in this latest update. Previously they were clearly displayed in the cross reference column on the right hand side of scriptures. Where are they now and how can I retrieve them?
Roger and Moira Head
PierceM

Post by PierceM »

I found that if you rotate your phone or tablet to landscape mode then tap the three dots on the right and open related content then tap the three dots on that screen you can choose pin sidebar and then the text will move to the left and as you read and scroll the text the references will move with the text like it did in the former version.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sbradshaw wrote:
aebrown wrote:It would sure be nice if the pinned related content would change as you move through the content.
The full related content is supposed to scroll with the main content, but currently the feature is flaky and only works on certain devices. This is a known bug and should be fixed sometime in the next few months.
This seems to have been fixed (at least for my Nexus 5X) in the 4.0.1 update that came out a couple of days ago. That's a lot quicker than "the next few months" -- but you won't hear me complaining! :D
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

aebrown wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:
aebrown wrote:It would sure be nice if the pinned related content would change as you move through the content.
The full related content is supposed to scroll with the main content, but currently the feature is flaky and only works on certain devices. This is a known bug and should be fixed sometime in the next few months.
This seems to have been fixed (at least for my Nexus 5X) in the 4.0.1 update that came out a couple of days ago. That's a lot quicker than "the next few months" -- but you won't hear me complaining! :D
Unfortunately, it hasn't been completely fixed – but I'm glad it's working for you! :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
donald_duck

Post by donald_duck »

:shock:
Hi
Where can I report bugs?
I use the app dayly and am quite unhappy with following behaviour of the 04.0.1.2 on my Android Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 6.0.1.
- a notation can not be set as easy as before.
- bookmarks can not be refresh by long clicking
-can not set font to Arial.

This is only after my first morningstudy today. More might follow soon. :?

Is there a way to downgrade on my phone?
Best Regards
Thomas
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kayvon wrote:Can you help me determine which of these will be fixed in future releases and which are permanent conditions?
All of the feedback we've been receiving through various channels so far has been gathered together and forwarded up the line. As the QA engineer for Android Gospel Library, I've seen a lot of feedback during the past 2 weeks, and I've made sure that the most common items are at the top of the list. The development team and the designers haven't received specific direction yet for 4.1. Until then, the developers are cleaning up bugs (mostly non-visible changes).
Last edited by sbradshaw on Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

donald_duck wrote:Where can I report bugs?
The best place to report bugs or crashes – issues that only a developer can solve – is to send feedback through the app (Settings > Send Feedback). On the other hand, the forum is the great for interacting with other users, asking general questions or learning how to use the app better.
robertcc

Post by robertcc »

I have a RCA tablet - https://www.walmart.com/ip/45804384?wml ... 3=&veh=sem

The old version of GL worked fine. This new version will not play audio. I have tried scriptures and Ensign. When I push the play button, no sound comes out and the progress bar does not move.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”