Need help please

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
MarionPettus

Need help please

Post by MarionPettus »

My wife and I would like to find out how to get tickets to the dedication of the Paris, France temple? Because of work we have to start planning from now. We are from the Florence, AL Ward of the Tupelo, MS Stake.

Thanks,
Marion Pettus
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Need help please

Post by russellhltn »

The best I can find is this page. It indicates that tickets will be on https://templeopenhouse.lds.org/ when the become available.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Tickets to the actual dedication of the Paris France Temple are normally only available from priesthood leaders in stakes served by the temple district. If you know a member within the temple district there, you might be able to arrange with their bishop for tickets to attend the dedication broadcast at one of the stake centers in the country. It would require that you show the bishop valid temple recommends for him to be able to give you tickets to attend.

The open house, as russellhltn said, is available for anyone to attend, member or not. You will be able to get free tickets at the website he provided once ticket distribution begins.
MarionPettus

Post by MarionPettus »

I had tried the website this morning and wasn't able to get anywhere. The article mentioned that tickets to the open house are available a few weeks before and we have to start planning from now. And sadly we do not know anyone in the temple district.

But thanks for your help!!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Although the open house tickets are not yet available, I have never known of a case where someone who wished to was not able attend a temple open house. I have seen two hour waits to get in, but every effort is made to see that all those who desire to do so are able to visit the temple during the open house before it is dedicated. Since you will be visiting, you most likely are available to attend the open house during the day on a weekday. You will almost always find tickets available during those times. Evenings and weekends will be the busiest.

Your ward clerk will be able to give you contact information for a priesthood leader in the temple district in a city where you plan to visit. You may be able to work out something by direct contact that way.

Return to “General Discussions”