The following policies are provided to encourage participation in a collaborative and open environment. Adherence to these policies will ensure that this site is a friendly and helpful place for all who use it. If you disregard these policies, the Church may edit or remove the offending material and may block your access to this site.
User Names, Signatures, and Avatars
When setting up your account:
- Do not select the names of deity, prophets, apostles, general authorities, or other famous members of the Church, either now or in ancient times, such that it would appear to desecrate or impersonate a name or person. This also applies to your signature and avatar.
- Do not select user names that sound like words or phrases that would not be in harmony with the teachings of the Church. This also applies to your signature and avatar.
- Do not select user names of famous or infamous individuals.
- Do not use humor in signatures at the expense of others.
- Do not select user names that indicate political preferences.
- Do not select user names that refer to or promote a Web site or business.
- Do not use links, in any form, in your signature.
We encourage the following behavior:
- Follow the Golden Rule -- Everyone enjoys being treated with respect.
- When in doubt, don't post it. Take a deep breath, check your facts, etc. It's better to wait if you are unsure of something or too frustrated to think clearly.
- Stay on topic; keep the content of the site clear and concise.
- Do not post the same material in multiple threads.
- Use the correct forum for the material you are posting.
- Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread.
- Post insightful content related to the topics you are discussing.
- Post solution-oriented responses. (If you find a problem, take the next step and suggest a solution when you document the problem.)
- Post open, honest debate related to issues or projects you are collaborating on.
- Post factual information, with helpful references or citations where possible.
- Post constructive criticism by following the Golden Rule.
- Religious discussions or debate.
- Political discussions or debate.
- Legal discussions or debate.
- Pornography of any kind (textual or visual).
- Comments or content that is rude, obscene, or hateful, or that ridicules or belittles any person, organization, or location (this includes any so-called “flaming” of other participants).
- Information that you know or should know to be false or that you intend to be misleading.
- Links to Web sites that are off-topic or that relate to any of the items in this list.
- Avatars, images, or signatures that include any of the items in this list.
- Commercial messages, promotions, or similar solicitations (anything that would be considered spam if received through email).
- Links to Web sites in an effort to promote or generate traffic to Web sites or businesses. Links or references to unofficial Web sites are acceptable if not done in a promotional way. The linked site must conform to all other items in this list.
- Methods for circumventing Church policies or security mechanisms.
- Security information or passwords
- Actual membership, financial, statistical, or other data from Church records. The use of fictitious data is generally allowed.
- Direct quotes from any official documents that the Church has not made public (such as Handbook 1 or official letters), although you may provide references to chapter, page or section numbers.
- Any sensitive policy matters, which are best discussed with local priesthood leaders.