Creating A Link From Multiple Scriptures To The Same Note/Journal Entry

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
rnetty

Creating A Link From Multiple Scriptures To The Same Note/Journal Entry

Post by rnetty »

Has anyone found a way to create links from multiple scriptures to the same note/journal entry?

For example, I've created a note with some thoughts about the keys to the ministering of angels. I'd like to create links in D&C 13:1, D&C 84:26, and D&C 107:20 back to this same note, but can't seem to find a way to do that. It seems all I can do is create duplicates of this note, one for each verse.
lmcguire

Re: Creating A Link From Multiple Scriptures To The Same Note/Journal Entry

Post by lmcguire »

There is no way to link to a Journal entry. There's also no way to tag them. :( The best you can do is put the journal entry and highlighted scriptures into the same notebook (or copy the journal entry, or a note about its existence, into notes on the highlighted scriptures).

It would be very nice if they would treat journal entries the same as any other text in the app.
mream

Post by mream »

You can tag a journal entry in the web browser version.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

mream wrote:You can tag a journal entry in the web browser version.
Oh, you can in the app too! You prompted me to go look for hidden ways, and I found it. First, you open the journal entry for editing, then you trigger the menu (sometimes via an icon with three squares in a vertical line, sometimes with the device's menu button). Up pops an option: "Tag". Tap that, pick your tags, et voila!

Thanks, mream!
mream

Post by mream »

thank you, lmcguire. that's new for me
george.bradley

Post by george.bradley »

Just checking, there is no linking currently in the Gospel Library scriptures. The lds.org has the linking but gospel library still does not correct.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”