Need help with records

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
wjboren

Re: Need help with records

Post by wjboren »

Membership record change in marriage status. I received error message when I tried to change the status to annulment.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wjboren wrote:Membership record change in marriage status. I received error message when I tried to change the status to annulment.
What was the error message? Were you using the MLS program on the clerk computer, or the LCR web page? Are you the bishop, ward clerk, or membership clerk? Other callings might give the illusion that you can change the record, but are likely to be blocked by the back end.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wjboren

Post by wjboren »

The error message was cant be recorded at this time. try again later. I am working in LCR as the membership clerk. Stake clerk called the church and they said the problem was the box was not marked as me being set apart. I marked the box still the same error message comes up when I go to save the change for the annulment.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wjboren wrote:The error message was cant be recorded at this time. try again later. I am working in LCR as the membership clerk. Stake clerk called the church and they said the problem was the box was not marked as me being set apart. I marked the box still the same error message comes up when I go to save the change for the annulment.
Call the CHQ and ask again. Obviously their theory about not being set apart was wrong.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

wjboren wrote:The error message was cant be recorded at this time. try again later.
That sounds like either there was a server problem that is just temporary or there is a bug in LCR that is showing up in connection with that record or perhaps a data problem with that record.
wjboren wrote:Stake clerk called the church and they said the problem was the box was not marked as me being set apart.
I don't know why they would say that. The 'set apart' flag has never had any affect on rights in church systems.
wjboren wrote: I marked the box still the same error message comes up when I go to save the change for the annulment.
Assuming the problem is still happening in a few days, I think you need to contact local unit support and ask them to look into it further or ask them to make the change.
golark

Post by golark »

I'm a brand new Ward Clerk in a newly minted ward. I don't know how to change the birth date on some records that are wrong. Where do I go to change
them?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

golark wrote:I'm a brand new Ward Clerk in a newly minted ward. I don't know how to change the birth date on some records that are wrong. Where do I go to change
them?
Go to LCR (https://clerk.lds.org) , select Membership > Member List from the menu, find and click on the person, click on the View Member Profile button and then click on the pencil icon on the right side of the screen next to the personal details under the Individual tab. After editing the appropriate information click Save.
jbuhl68

Post by jbuhl68 »

The process for changing the birth date on a member's record as described by eblood66 is correct. I followed it today though only to get an error message stating "Birth date must precede the record creation date".
The birth date had been (example) 21 Dec 2009 but it should have been 14 Aug 2010. The error message occurred after I clicked on Save. Any idea on how to correct this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You'll need to contact support. Someone may have repurposed a record or you are trying to modify the wrong record.

jbuhl68

Post by jbuhl68 »

Thank you.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”