Pay tithing online

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Pay tithing online

Post by russellhltn »

zkbawden wrote:I try to go to the donations page and I get

Donations
Uh oh! We're Sorry...
It looks like something went wrong which prevented the page you requested from displaying. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused!

Any idea what is going on?
There's been a few posts like that today. I suspect either the servers are overloaded or the servers are having problems. In the worst case, these kinds of things tend to get fixed when the church employees return to work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
daxacor

Post by daxacor »

Everytime I click on Donations it says sorry for your inconvenience! But when my wife signs on it works. We live in Idaho!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

daxacor wrote:Everytime I click on Donations it says sorry for your inconvenience! But when my wife signs on it works. We live in Idaho!
Make sure you have a email connected with your LDSAccount. You can check at ldsaccount.lds.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
susankearl

Post by susankearl »

Oh my gosh, THANK YOU. I have been trying to set this up for so long and getting nowhere. It would've been SUPER HELPFUL for the website to mention that you need your email address to be connected before you can pay tithing online! I can't believe it was that simple *smacks head*
THERESA1980

Re: Pay tithing online / Tithing Settlement

Post by THERESA1980 »

Is there any possibility in the future that Church members could declare tithing status (tithing settlement) online via the donations area? This could save Bishops a lot of time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Pay tithing online / Tithing Settlement

Post by russellhltn »

THERESA1980 wrote:Is there any possibility in the future that Church members could declare tithing status (tithing settlement) online via the donations area? This could save Bishops a lot of time.
I don't know. We're rarely told that kind of stuff ahead of time. The bigger question is if that's something the Brethren will approve. It's possible they want members to see the bishop. It gives him a chance to connect with members he doesn't normally see.

fitznerfamily

Post by fitznerfamily »

So online donations just became active in my area in Canada and I did my first one today. The process was exceptionally easy and fast. The only issue I have with the process is not related to the donation system itself but with the entire LDS Account as a whole. The system only allows me to utilize one e-mail address for my whole account. I would prefer being able to use multiple addresses. For example, my wife and I set up our online presence with different e-mail addresses for different things. We have one for financial related issues, another one for family history research, still another for general family communication, etc.
kellyb1

Post by kellyb1 »

kellyb1 password [deleted] How do I pay my tithing?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kellyb1 wrote:kellyb1 password [deleted] How do I pay my tithing?
Go to LDS.org and select Donations in the middle column of the drop down menu by your name or My Account and Ward near the top right.

Use your LDS Account name and password (which I have deleted -- this is a public forum) to access your Donations account.
mtylerjr

Post by mtylerjr »

Just to update this thread, online donation is available in other countries now. New Zealand has been doing it for at least 6 months.

Return to “Online Donations”