Temple Burial Clothing

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
suhbyungdoh

Temple Burial Clothing

Post by suhbyungdoh »

The feedback page did not function when I purchased BURIAL clothing. Please can you answer the following ?

1/. Are the socks, ties, hats and shirts BIODEGRADEABLE as are the white soft shoes and robes are to conform to cemetery rules/regulations ?

2/. I am 5ft 11ins tall. What size robe do I need to purchase (length I presume ? )

Thankyou

David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Temple Burial Clothing

Post by russellhltn »

As this is primarily a user-to-user support forum, I don't know as anyone here will be able to answer your question.

I'd suggest using the "contact us" link in store.lds.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Re: Temple Burial Clothing

Post by mevans »

I didn't even realize the church provided biodegradable ceremonial clothing, but I took a look at the site and see that they do. I would also wonder if they make biodegradable garments? I couldn't find those on the list. 100% cotton should be, but I don't know about the elastic waistband?

As for the white clothing: The church does list a biodegradable hat.
For socks, shirts, pants, and ties: You might be able to find an alternate supplier of these items. Also consider that I don't think these clothing articles are "required," as they are not part of any temple ceremonies.

I agree with russellhltn about contacting the store to see if you can find out more. They might also be able to provide some guidance on the size. Looking at the page, I'm not sure what they're measuring.

If you are trying to work through any regulations/laws and having a difficult time finding what you need, your bishop/branch president should be able to provide guidance (that individual might need to ask up the chain of command to get answers).

Return to “Main Church Website”