Can't Download Any Content

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
ztaylor03

Can't Download Any Content

Post by ztaylor03 »

I have uninstalled and re-installed the Gospel Library App multiple times, because I can't download any content. Every time I click on the scriptures, or general conference talks, it tells me it failed to download, and to check my internet connection. It does this if I'm connected to wifi, or if I'm using mobile data. It's super frustrating, especially when I try to participate in lessons on Sunday, and my phone won't open scriptures, or talks... Anyone know what to do to fix this?

TIA
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't Download Any Content

Post by russellhltn »

What OS and what version of GL?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sibrigh

Post by sibrigh »

I am having a very similar issue on my Samsung tablet. Some of the content will download but a few items won't and I get the same error "failed to download check internet connection". I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but can't get it to work. I have also tried multiple types of internet connections. How do i fix this?
Tennchad

Post by Tennchad »

I am having the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A
danfranklin1

Post by danfranklin1 »

I have a fire tablet and after the latest update i am having the same issue...."Failed to Download"
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The app comes bundled with an old content catalog (whichever catalog was current the last time the app was updated). So after you have the app installed, you will need to wait for the app to get the newest content. In Gospel Library for Android, you can force the app to check for the newest content by going to the main library screen and swiping downward. You might have to do it a couple of times. If it finds a new catalog, it will kick you to a splash screen while it's unzipping and applying the catalog update. Make sure you're on a good internet connection when checking for new content. If you have "Limit Mobile Network Use" turned on in Gospel Library settings, you'll need to be on Wi-Fi for it to get new content. Once you're on the latest content catalog, then it should be able to download books correctly.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ammonj555

Post by ammonj555 »

I've been having the same problem for about a month now on my LG G5. I've been going back and forth with Church tech support for about a month, and the other day they told me the new update would come bundled with the new catalog, but I just updated to 4.4.0.14 and even now it won't download. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling it, restarting my phone, swiping down from the top, etc.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

ammonj555 wrote:I've been having the same problem for about a month now on my LG G5. I've been going back and forth with Church tech support for about a month, and the other day they told me the new update would come bundled with the new catalog, but I just updated to 4.4.0.14 and even now it won't download. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling it, restarting my phone, swiping down from the top, etc.
Which content are you having trouble downloading – is it a specific book?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ammonj555

Post by ammonj555 »

sbradshaw wrote:
ammonj555 wrote:I've been having the same problem for about a month now on my LG G5. I've been going back and forth with Church tech support for about a month, and the other day they told me the new update would come bundled with the new catalog, but I just updated to 4.4.0.14 and even now it won't download. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling it, restarting my phone, swiping down from the top, etc.
Which content are you having trouble downloading – is it a specific book?
It's not anything specific, it just won't download any content at all. I had to uninstall/reinstall about a month ago after it started acting up (like I would open the app and nothing would show up) and then all of a sudden nothing would download.
ammonj555

Post by ammonj555 »

I've actually figured out the problem. It was an app/service my family had subscribed to called Verizon FamilyBase which monitored data usage; as soon as I uninstalled it, Gospel Library was up and running again just like normal.

Return to “Gospel Library”