Syncing the Building / Location Calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
wadster21

Syncing the Building / Location Calendars

Post by wadster21 »

Does anyone know if there are any plans to enable the syncing of the building / location calendars? It's frustrating that events scheduled on those calendars don't show up in the calendar on the LDS Tools app on my phone, or in my synced Google calendar. Currently, the only way to see those events is via the calendar on the desktop site at LDS.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Syncing the Building / Location Calendars

Post by russellhltn »

We're rarely queue in on future plans. Timetables are even more scares (and frequently slip).

As such, I wouldn't plan on any changes happening soon. If I'm wrong, then you'll have a pleasent surprise.

Only a Building scheduler can place an event on the actual location calendar (as opposed to an event calendar that displays on the location calendar). Typically I'd think that would be either a private event or the building closed for the FM group to work on it. It wouldn't be "events" that members attend.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rklindquist

Post by rklindquist »

I agree with wadster21!

I just got an email from the agent bishop with all the ward & building events for 2018. They created a PDF to show who has the cultural hall on Wednesday nights, which months which wards clean the building and other classroom assignments.

Now that I've entered all of that on LDS.org in the building schedule, that PDF is no longer current. And I could not find a way, except through a web browser, to see the building schedule.

Apparently every other LDS.org calendar allows for subscriptions to be able to sync to LDS Tools, a smart device or computer calendar. I am guessing that allowing building schedules to have synced subscriptions is not a priority.

Any other ideas other than opening a smart device or computer web browser to log into LDS.org?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rklindquist wrote:Any other ideas other than opening a smart device or computer web browser to log into LDS.org?
As far as seeing the building calendar, there is no other option.

As for other ways of handling things:
rklindquist wrote:who has the cultural hall on Wednesday nights
I'd record that as a restriction. Then each ward can schedule their events - as long as it is not in conflict with the restriction.
rklindquist wrote:which months which wards clean the building
I'd have each ward schedule that on their own ward calendar. That way the members can see when/where those events are taking place.

rklindquist wrote:and other classroom assignments
I'm not clear on what exactly this is, but it would fall into one of the suggestions above. Either a restriction to control who can use the classrooms for a certain day, or an event scheduled by the unit to show exactly what's taking place.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”