Donations from over 20 years ago in a different unit

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
leekennington

Donations from over 20 years ago in a different unit

Post by leekennington »

I have a less active member that disputes his donations being recorded into MLS from over 20 years ago in a different unit. Is it possible to request financial donations that far back with his membership number? Who can I ask for this information?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Donations from over 20 years ago in a different unit

Post by russellhltn »

You can call local unit support, but I tend to doubt if the church has the information.

Depending on the country, I would expect the donation slips and ward-level paperwork to have been destroyed by now. (In the US, anything prior to 2015 should have been destroyed). I'm not sure as anyone would keep records beyond 10 years unless required by law.

Depending on what year you're talking about, the donation may not be connected with the membership number. And individual donation may not have been transmitted to Church Headquarters - only batch totals.

At any rate, local unit support should be able to help you give the member some kind of answer. I'm sure there must be some kind of "statute of limitations" for correcting errors - and I'm sure that's long past. Just as reference, it appears that notifying a bank of an error on your statement is only 60 days.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”