Blessing Certificate

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
maldwin

Blessing Certificate

Post by maldwin »

I have to print a blessing certificate for a baby whose blessing ordinance has already been recorded. I can't find the recorded blessing in MLS, so I can't print the certificate. I also searched ldstech wiki and could not find what I need there.

Can someone tell me how to find and print the blessing certificate
eblood66

Re: Blessing Certificate

Post by eblood66 »

maldwin wrote:I have to print a blessing certificate for a baby whose blessing ordinance has already been recorded. I can't find the recorded blessing in MLS, so I can't print the certificate. I also searched ldstech wiki and could not find what I need there.

Can someone tell me how to find and print the blessing certificate
Blessings are not stored permanently as part of the church record. It is only kept in the local MLS system where the blessing was entered. As soon as the record moves to another unit the information is lost.

However, if you know the details of the blessing you can easily print a certificate by selecting Membership, then Ordinances, and then Certificates on the menu. Then select Child Blessing Certificate, fill in the information, and print the new certificate.
maldwin

Post by maldwin »

Thank you. I have all the information necessary to print a new certificate and now I can get it done.
Davidduckwitz

Post by Davidduckwitz »

I have a similar problem. I have already created a record but recorded the wrong birthdate. I was able to edit this in LCR. When I went back to MLS to create a blessing certificate, MLS desires to create a new record. Does anyone know how to avoid this?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Davidduckwitz wrote:I have a similar problem. I have already created a record but recorded the wrong birthdate. I was able to edit this in LCR. When I went back to MLS to create a blessing certificate, MLS desires to create a new record. Does anyone know how to avoid this?
To just print a certificate in MLS select Membership > Ordinances > Certificates from the menu.
jeremy1j

Post by jeremy1j »

We have been unable to print baby blessing certificates for babies blessed by someone outside of our unit for several weeks. I have attempted using the Membership number and even the birth date information, and I get the same error. I even tried using someone else's information as the person who did the blessing, with no success. This is all using LCR.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Has a record been created for the child? You can't print a certificate until the membership record has been created. You also must have the membership record in your unit.
morrisparker

Post by morrisparker »

I had the same problem as above, trying to print a blessing certificate after one had already been printed. The standard answer seems to be "To just print a certificate in MLS select Membership > Ordinances > Certificates from the menu." But once I get into "Ordinances" there is no place such thing at "Certificates."
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

morrisparker wrote:I had the same problem as above, trying to print a blessing certificate after one had already been printed. The standard answer seems to be "To just print a certificate in MLS select Membership > Ordinances > Certificates from the menu." But once I get into "Ordinances" there is no place such thing at "Certificates."
If you're able to use LCR, and if the child's membership record has been created and is in your ward, you should be able to go to the child's member profile, click on the 'Ordinances' tab, and then click on 'Print Child Blessing Certificate'. IIUC, you'll need to enter the blessing date and name of the one who performed the blessing. I just tried it on a child whose blessing certificate I printed and gave to the parents a couple of months ago, and it appears LCR would have let me print another certificate.
braneof

Post by braneof »

Is there any way to do it for a child blessed in your ward who is now a member of another ward? The "Certificates" page won't let me do anything if the child isn't a current ward member.

Return to “Membership Help”