North Temple Meetup @ SXSW

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

North Temple Meetup @ SXSW

Post by barkeraj »

See details here

From the above post:
Among the many bars and meetups at SXSW 2007, the North Temple team invites to you break rank and enjoy a uniquely different kind of gathering. On Saturday, March 10, several members of our team will offer a behind-the-scenes look into interaction design at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Come and learn what it takes to manage the many websites and applications of a organization with more than 12 million members, and share experiences from your organization.
What: North Temple Meetup @ SXSW
Who: Designers, developers, and managers
When: Saturday, March 10 @ 7:00pm
Where: Hilton Garden Inn (formerly Capitol Place), 500 I-35 N, Downtown Austin (directions)
No suits, no ties. Admission is free, and our soda & dessert refreshments might be the most sober “bar” you’ll encounter this year at SXSW. See you there!
Basically the Interaction Design group will be hosting a get together during SXSW (a design conference held in Austin Texas). You do not have to be a SXSW attendee to come to our get together.

If you do plan on attending, please let us know here

We look forwarding to meeting whoever comes!
Aaron Barker
Front-end Development Lead for LDS.org (content portions, not apps) and Ward Executive Secretary.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

barkeraj wrote:See details here

Basically the Interaction Design group will be hosting a get together during SXSW. You do not have to be a SXSW attendee to come to our get together.

If you do plan on attending, please let us know here

We look forwarding to meeting whoever comes!
What is SXSW?
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

With a little bit of digging, I found the "About SXSW" page. It looks like South by Southwest (SXSW) is a Texas-sized tri-conference with a Music and Media Conference, an Interactive Festival, and a Film Conference & Festival. I assume the Interaction Design team will be participating in the Interactive Festival portion of SXSW. ;)
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

kgthunder is correct. I guess I need to edit the post to be more specific as to where it will be. It is conference in Austin Texas that is very big for the design community.
Aaron Barker
Front-end Development Lead for LDS.org (content portions, not apps) and Ward Executive Secretary.

Return to “General Discussions”