Correcting "Ordained by" information

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Post Reply
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:43 pm

Correcting "Ordained by" information


Post by tbuxton »

We had a new family move in to our Ward about 2 months ago and when the brother was looking over his IOS he said that the person who ordained him was incorrect. He got me the correct name and I see that there is no editing allowed to correct the information. I would like to get his ordination to High Priest correct. Do you have a tip to help in this process. Thank you!
New Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: Fayetteville, NC

Re: Correcting "Ordained by" information


Post by wwoodford »

You will need to have the Stake Clerk correct the Melchizedek Priesthood ordination. The easiest method is to provide the information to the ward clerk who then works with the stake clerk to correct the ordination information. Ward Clerks cannot enter or modify Melchizedek priesthood ordination.

William Woodford
Post Reply

Return to “Membership Help”