Sunday School Class List w/ Photos

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Christopherbender

Sunday School Class List w/ Photos

Post by Christopherbender »

I just got called as the secretary in sunday school and we're making an effort to help teachers connect better with their class members. One thing the teachers have requested is their class list that includes photos so they can quickly memorize the names of the youth they teach. I'm able to generate a list with contact information but photos are not included. Is something like this possible? Thanks in advance!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sunday School Class List w/ Photos

Post by russellhltn »

The only tool I'm aware of that supports photos is the Directory on lds.org (which feeds LDS Tools). However, you'll probably find that most youth don't have photos there. And photos shouldn't be added without the parent's permission as that can cause legal issues.

Furthermore, the lists in the Directory of lds.org may be "incomplete" (due to privacy settings). It may also be inaccurate as I seem to remember the directory only estimated the class status instead of actually checking. (The Directory is an old app that was written before that information was available.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:The only tool I'm aware of that supports photos is the Directory on lds.org (which feeds LDS Tools).
Actually, LCR supports photos in a number of ways now. You can actually manage photos completely in LCR (upload, approve, delete, crop, etc.) and photos show up in the member profile in LCR.

However, I can't see any reports that include photos. However, I don't have access to custom reports so I can't say for certain whether you can include a photo in a custom report but I doubt it.

As russellhltn says, not all children will have photos but it still could be a useful thing to have. Having an option to view/print photos on the new move in report might also be nice. You can use the Feedback link on lds.org or in LCR to suggest such a feature.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I do have access to create custom reports. There is no check box to show the member's picture with data included on the report (that I could see).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:
russellhltn wrote:The only tool I'm aware of that supports photos is the Directory on lds.org (which feeds LDS Tools).
Actually, LCR supports photos in a number of ways now. You can actually manage photos completely in LCR (upload, approve, delete, crop, etc.) and photos show up in the member profile in LCR.
Do the photos show up in the member-facing directory, or can they be set not to? I'd still be hesitant to upload photos without appropriate permission from the parents. More so if the photos might show up for the general membership.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:Do the photos show up in the member-facing directory, or can they be set not to? I'd still be hesitant to upload photos without appropriate permission from the parents. More so if the photos might show up for the general membership.
Yes, it's the same photo store and any photos uploaded in LCR show up in the Directory and vice versa. It's just an alternative interface to the same data. LCR has the same photo guidelines as in the Directory (which requires permission from all persons in the photo and parental permission for minors in the photo).

My main point was that LCR does have access to the photos so it might not be a huge effort to have reports which show photos. Of course, sometimes what appears like it should be doable is actually much harder than it appears.
Christopherbender

Post by Christopherbender »

Thanks for all the replies! Sorry, but what’s LCR?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Christopherbender wrote:Thanks for all the replies! Sorry, but what’s LCR?
LCR is Leader and Clerk Resources, accessible to those with leadership or clerk callings.

Return to “General Discussions”