Tithing and Donation Problems

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Tithing and Donation Problems

Post by rmrichesjr »

Just so everyone understands, this is a user-to-user forum, not an official support channel. If you need an official support channel, the 'Feedback' link at the bottom of each page is your best option.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

jcaranda2002 wrote:I have tried to make an online donation multiple times on different browsers. It lets me put all my bank info in, but will not let me check the “I agree” box (even after I have scrolled to the bottom of the “terms and conditions” field). It won’t let me submit the transaction, likely because the box is unchecked due to an unforeseen error that prevents me from checking it. I am so frustrated by this point I’m ready to just give up and continue to pay by hand. Technology is supposed to be easier, but it’s frustratingly temperamental. I always forget to bring my tithing to church, so I can go weeks without paying. This online method would be good for both myself and the church to receive more reliable, timely payments.
This sounds to me like a browser problem. The church recommends the following (from the Donations FAQ): "Please be sure to use the most current web browser in order to take advantage of the latest security updates."

Not sure what browser you are using, but the donation system works fine for me on updated versions of both Chrome and Firefox. There are multiple settings in various browsers and any one of them could be preventing the checkbox from activating. As rmrichesjr suggested, your best resource would be to submit feedback and describe as many details as you can (including your OS and browser name/version). They should be able to help.
michael.willis

Post by michael.willis »

Can I make donations online while living in China
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If you are a U.S. expat and you will make donations from a U.S. bank account you can send an email to onlinedonationsupport@ldschurch.org to have your account tagged to make online donations.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sugarspell

Post by sugarspell »

I am trying to print out an Official Tax Statement but I a not seeing one for this last year...2018. When will this be available? I see my 2017 just not 2018. Thanks

Gretchen D
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

sugarspell wrote:I am trying to print out an Official Tax Statement but I a not seeing one for this last year...2018. When will this be available? I see my 2017 just not 2018.
There is a message on the donations page that says they will be available sometime before January 31st. That's the most specific that we know.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

I am now able to get my own 2018 tax statement
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
sweenig

Post by sweenig »

How were you able to do this? I just got an email saying it was ready, but I can't find it. Here's the email (with my own emphasis added):
Official Tax Statement (2018) is available
Your Official Tax Summary Statement is now available.

It can be viewed by selecting the Donor Statements menu option in Online Donations and selecting the link provided in the Generated Statements section. If you have donated through Online Donations and logged in using an LDS Account associated with your Member Record Number (MRN) then your statement will include all your donations including the donations you made to your ward or branch directly. If you used an LDS Account which was not associated with a Member Record Number, then you will need to log into Online Donations using that LDS Account to retrieve a separate tax statement for any donations made under that LDS Account.

If you have an MRN, we would encourage you to add it to your LDS account by following the instructions found below. This will better ensure future consolidated year-end tax statements are complete with all donations - including the donations you made to your ward or branch.

If you need to re-generate a tax statement, you can do this through Online Donations by selecting the Donor Statements menu option, selecting the Official Tax Statement button and selecting the correct year from the drop down and clicking the Generate Statement button.

Below are the instructions to add your MRN to your LDS Account:

1. Go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org/membership
2. Log into your account with the username you used to log into Online Donations
3. Click on Membership.
4. Enter your membership record number (MRN).
5. Click on Save.

If you have any questions, please contact your ward or branch clerk or for additional help on adding your MRN to your LDS Account, click here: https://ldsaccount.lds.org/contactSupport

Thank you
Where is the "Donor Statements menu"? All i can find is the recent donations. I can't find anything about "Generated statements".

Also, is it me or did this email focus heavily on how to get your member number onto your account and less on how to actually find your statement?
mcardullo

Post by mcardullo »

I'm looking for the same thing. Where is the "General Statement"? Someone needs to give better directions.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

If I go to www.lds.org/donations, there's a side-bar on the left side titled "Donations", with "Make a Donation" selected by default. The third option in the side-bar menu list is "Donor Statements", which when clicked then brings up the "Generated Statements" section the email blurb refers to. I can also see the "Recent Donations" side-bar, on the right side of my screen. I'm using Chrome on my windows laptop.

So for me, the instructions are actually helpful. But I realize this tech forum exists in part because not everybody's lds account plays according to the rules :)

Return to “Online Donations”