Request to show: Temple Workers in callings

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
idefaye

Request to show: Temple Workers in callings

Post by idefaye »

Base on the instruction manual, Temple Workers cannot receive certain callings (like in a bishopric for instance). Unfortunatly lcr.lds.org does not show these callings on members individual page. In the past it caused us issues we had to release a recently called member to the bishopric, because we did not know he was also temple worker.
Is there a plan to add this soon to lcr.lds.org, it would save us a lot of trouble trying to maintain a list that is not always up to date.

Bonus: if we could have a section to see a list of all temple workers, that would be also very appreciated

I am currently serving as Stake executive Secretary.
mevans

Re: Request to show: Temple Workers in callings

Post by mevans »

Offhand, I don't know what the temple information systems maintain about temple workers. If the temple systems link to the actual member, it would be possible for the church to create such a system. You could submit "Feedback" about this, or have your stake president suggest that to his priesthood line of authority. If the handbook says that temple workers can't receive such callings, your stake president would have a good case to make to his priesthood line of authority that this report is needed.

In our ward, we do have some individuals who work in the temple and asked to be listed in the callings, so we put in a custom calling to track them, but that's not a comprehensive list.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

idefaye wrote:Base on the instruction manual, Temple Workers cannot receive certain callings (like in a bishopric for instance). Unfortunatly lcr.lds.org does not show these callings on members individual page. In the past it caused us issues we had to release a recently called member to the bishopric, because we did not know he was also temple worker.
Where is this written? Handbook 1: 3.10.3 says that members of bishoprics can't be called as temple workers, but I'm not seeing any indication if what happens if the stake wants a temple worker to be in a bishopric. For some reason, I'm not finding the requirements for a bishopric councilor.

The reason I bring this up is that the Handbook is your best ally in getting this - but only if you're reading it correctly. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the temple would need to release someone the stake wants to call into the bishopric. Temples typically have a larger pool of individuals for temple workers. Stakes are limited to the priesthood that lives in the ward boundaries.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
idefaye

Post by idefaye »

This is what we were told by the temple president.
Yes the manual is the reference, but since it does not address the contrary: member currently Temple worker can or cannot be called in a bishopric (or other mentioned callings in the manual) So by default it is assumed that the contrary is the same as the specified rule. The manual would need to clarify it a little more.
But despite what the manual says and each ones interpretation, if a member is a temple worker, there is no way for the stake presidency to easily see it and communicate proactively with the temple president.
I don't expect the tool to prevent us from doing the call, but we need to know.
agyemangprempeha

Post by agyemangprempeha »

How do l get the Temple ordinance worker form.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Access to the twp.ldschurch.org site is only available to temple presidents, stake/mission presidents, bishops, and branch presidents. No other stake or ward calling can see the list of temple workers and volunteers on that site.
Bishops and stake presidents should check that site before they issue certain callings. It they want to nominate a member to be a temple worker or volunteer, they use the web site, and not a paper form.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jagarvin

Post by jagarvin »

I am Coordinator on the 2nd & 4th tue sessions at the Columbus Ohio temple and I am unable to log into and get the information that I need for my workers
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

jagarvin wrote:I am Coordinator on the 2nd & 4th tue sessions at the Columbus Ohio temple and I am unable to log into and get the information that I need for my workers
You should speak with the Temple Recorder to have him make sure you have the correct access.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”