Calendar 3.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Calendar 3.0 released

Post by CrockettDR »

For the next couple months we will concentrate on fixing things as we had intended to have them work but won't be working on any new significant enhancements until things are more stable. Our team is small and with all the changes church leadership is constantly making, demands for other projects are pretty intense. I hope you all understand.
MillerWR

Post by MillerWR »

We have a unique calendar that also included the institute building where we reside with four wards, our stake and regional Family History library. With the new update our calendar is now flooded with institute classes, Family History prayer meetings, and other activities, that we used to be able to block because we wouldn't pick the icons to see them. Each of our Wards has an evening assigned and some of our wards are flooding into other wards nights. In short we had our calendar really easy to read for Stake activities in January and the first part of February, and now it is a cluttered mess. How do we resolve the problem?
MillerWR

Post by MillerWR »

My calendar continues to tell me that I'm in the America Chicago time zone when making calendar changes, but I'm still residing in the America Denver area. How do you get the error message to go away?
RBeatse

Post by RBeatse »

MillerWR wrote:My calendar continues to tell me that I'm in the America Chicago time zone when making calendar changes, but I'm still residing in the America Denver area. How do you get the error message to go away?
What is interesting is that mine always says Eastern time (New York) and I know that they are working on it to have it "stick". In the interim...When you initially sign in, you should get a box on the right side that says your device is in a different time zone than your calendar. You can accept the change and that will fix it until you refresh your browser. If you don't see that box or you refresh and need to verify, you can go to the "gear" icon on the top right of the calendar and choose "Date Options". On that screen, you can set some date options but also change the time zone of the calendar (the list is not in time zone order, it is alphabetical). Choose the one you want (Denver based on your message) and save. The calendar will be set until the next time your browser is refreshed again (or it is fixed to have the time stick).
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

We hope to release the timezone fix this week. See above for list of known problems.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

MillerWR wrote:We have a unique calendar that also included the institute building where we reside with four wards, our stake and regional Family History library. With the new update our calendar is now flooded with institute classes, Family History prayer meetings, and other activities, that we used to be able to block because we wouldn't pick the icons to see them. Each of our Wards has an evening assigned and some of our wards are flooding into other wards nights. In short we had our calendar really easy to read for Stake activities in January and the first part of February, and now it is a cluttered mess. How do we resolve the problem?
The update didn't do anything with that, but you can turn off showing the calendars that have all those events by clicking on their "eye balls" in the left pane. If you are using a mobile device or pad, slide out the left pane by touching the ">" icon on the left that is a bit faint (we will fix that).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

MillerWR wrote:We have a unique calendar that also included the institute building where we reside with four wards, our stake and regional Family History library. With the new update our calendar is now flooded with institute classes, Family History prayer meetings, and other activities, that we used to be able to block because we wouldn't pick the icons to see them. Each of our Wards has an evening assigned and some of our wards are flooding into other wards nights. In short we had our calendar really easy to read for Stake activities in January and the first part of February, and now it is a cluttered mess. How do we resolve the problem?
As CrockettDR pointed out, you probably have too many calendars turned on for display. I'd suggest paying particular attention to the "See events by location" section. Activating one of those building calendars will quickly flood your display with all the activities going on in that building regardless of ward, stake, quorum or auxiliary.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CrockettDR
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CrockettDR »

A fix release went out today. I'll call it 3.0.1

• Sync only syncing next 3 months. Extended to 12 months
• Fixed system errors showing when calendar is loaded.
• Mobile users not noticing the arrow to open left side (sorry about the flashing, a developer went too far. We will get that turned off eventually).
• Solve a nasty problem when viewing a building in locations and room that has never been set up (don't try it until fixed). - that will be fixed tomorrow.
• Resolved the html shown on a location page and sync URL page
• Make the time zone option in the “date options” work.

A new problem was discovered today. On month view, if you have multiple bars of multi-day events across a week, it can cause the +more link to disappear on certain days so you think an event that you just scheduled isn't there. Work arounds 1. zoom out your browser a bit, 2. unshow the calendars with the bars temporarily.
scrapsue

Post by scrapsue »

I'm a Stake Building Scheduler for four buildings, I nothiced since the update on lds.org I don't see my own ward's calendars plus two of my Stake's calendars.

I was also wondering how do ward members subscribe to their different ward calendars now?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scrapsue wrote:I nothiced since the update on lds.org I don't see my own ward's calendars plus two of my Stake's calendars.

I was also wondering how do ward members subscribe to their different ward calendars now?
"The Choose Calendar link is used to select which calendars you want to have listed in the left panel in order to easily show or hide the events on your personalized calendar."

Once the calendars are listed on the left, click the "eyeball" to turn the display of the events on/off in the calendar page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”