Reminder emails

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
spencerjr

Reminder emails

Post by spencerjr »

I am new to using Calendar and excited to utilize this great tool. When I create an event, is there a way to specify individuals who get an email reminder? For example, if we wanted to create an event for Chapel Cleaning on Saturdays, we would probably list it as a ward activity, but I would want only the individuals that are assigned to clean to receive a reminder email that week.

Similarly, if the Young Men/Young Women created an event under the calendar for Combined YM/YW, and wanted to send an email reminder, who would get the email reminder? Leaders of those auxiliaries or parents or both?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Reminder emails

Post by russellhltn »

spencerjr wrote:is there a way to specify individuals who get an email reminder?
No. The end user is in total control. The ones who get the emails are the ones that:
  • have subscribed to that calendar
  • have enabled notifications for that calendar
  • have enabled emails for the calendar system
Ward/stake leadership have no control over any of those conditions.

Furthermore when you create a YM calendar, the only thing "YM" about it is the title. There is no logic that selects just the YMs. It's all up to the users to see the titles and make the appropriate selections for themselves.

That said, I think (but I'm not sure) that the default is for users to be subscribed to all public calendars and receive emails for all of them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”