Calendar - events not visible

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
vetgmc

Calendar - events not visible

Post by vetgmc »

I am having an issue where an event that I saved is not visible in any of my calendars. I know it is there, because when I try to recreate it, it shows up as a conflict. Can anyone help me know how to find this event?

Greg McIntyre
Australia
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar - events not visible

Post by russellhltn »

On the calendar on lds.org, on the left, click on "Choose Calendars". Make sure you've selected all the calendars you want to see.

Failing that, activate the building/location calendar. Your event will show up there. From there, you should be able to pull it up and see what calendar it's recorded on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
vetgmc

Post by vetgmc »

Thank you. I believe I have all calendars selected and I'm not quite sure which one is the Building calendar.

Greg
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

On the main page, on the left, at the stake level, it's the group at the top, under "See Events By Location". Make sure the "eyeball" is lit up that indicates the calendar will be displayed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kjens

Post by kjens »

I have the issue of the "boxes" of the days on the monthly Calendar no longer showing ALL the Events that are scheduled ~ even with a "+ 4 more" type listing. The Events simply no longer fit in the box. I am only able to see ALL the Events (on days with more than two Events) by switching the View to Week. HOW can I fix this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kjens wrote:I have the issue of the "boxes" of the days on the monthly Calendar no longer showing ALL the Events that are scheduled ~ even with a "+ 4 more" type listing. The Events simply no longer fit in the box. I am only able to see ALL the Events (on days with more than two Events) by switching the View to Week. HOW can I fix this?
Short term: I'd suggest cutting down on the number of calendars viable to the task at hand.

Long term: Use Feedback to make sure it gets to the developers.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:Short term: I'd suggest cutting down on the number of calendars viable to the task at hand.
I'll refrain from saying what I really think about this suggestion. This is a major Calendar 3.0 display defect in the monthly view and I believe it ought to be fixed. I am using only one calendar and have this problem. If there are more than two events on a given day, you only see one and the #+ more line.

This was one of the first complaints about the new version of the Calendar. At least in our stake, there are usually more than two events on any given Sunday, many Saturdays, and regularly on other days of the week.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Short term: I'd suggest cutting down on the number of calendars viable to the task at hand.
I'll refrain from saying what I really think about this suggestion.
Oh, I know it doesn't go over well. But I'm borrowing from the "Serenity Prayer", looking for ideas that are in your control and can be acted upon immediately.

The other option is making the developers aware of the issue and then waiting (for an unknown length of time). The latter part is something outside of our control. I agree its a serious issue that needs attention, but I'm in no position to make promises.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm reminded that we're now in the "no change zone" - no updates pushed prior to General Conference. There may be a post "no change" after Conference as well.

kjens

Post by kjens »

Well, the suggestion to cut down on the number of Calendars that show up in the Month View is NOT a viable option. No. 1, because I am responsible for the Entire Stake and its buildings and Calendars. Plus, it completely does away with the option to take a look to see what day MAY be available for an Event. Of course, the 3.0 change has completely messed that up since we can no longer see the time that the setup and cleanup takes! Sure, we are "supposed to" just try to schedule an Event and see if it "lets" us do it. Do you know how difficult that can be? You get a conflict, so ... go ahead and choose a different time, day, place, whatever. Oh, Presto! That has a conflict too!
Want to just eyeball the Calendar to see what might be an option? Too bad ~ no longer possible. This is ridiculous. Don't these IT teams work with any ACTUAL Users Groups before completely changing the Calendar that is in use all across the Church?!

Return to “Calendar”