Temple Ordinances Out of Order

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
nmecantwin73

Re: Temple Ordinances Out of Order

Postby nmecantwin73 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:52 pm

courtneyfries wrote:Can someone please help me figure out how this is possible and if it is at all possible that I am able to redo the sealing???

I would suggest contacting FamilySearch support at 866-406-1830, or online at https://www.familysearch.org/ask/help.

jwthomasbennion

Postby jwthomasbennion » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:17 pm

For sealing to spouse (both deceased), the order is not critical anymore. The ordinance is still valid, but won't be effective until the other ordinances are recorded.

This was the conclusion of a nation-wide FamilySearch telecom on 15 Jan 2019 from the new Area Family History Manager to all Area Temple & Family History Consultants (previously called Area Family History Advisors).

I understand your pain. But hopefully you can forgive & get to the point of appreciating that the ordinance is done & recorded, regardless of who performed it. And the sooner it is done, the better.

Chuckmil

Postby Chuckmil » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:01 pm

Thank you for clarifying this. I will share this information

elizabethannlewis

Postby elizabethannlewis » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:24 am

This happened to us too, but it was my husband's grandparents baptism and confirmation. The person who did the work must have pulled it off of "ordinances ready" and then sent the rest of the ordinances to the temple system. I was able to contact the person and they pulled the names back from the temple system and I was able to reserve them for my husband to do the other ordinances. If there are people who are really important to you, reserve their names. You can also try to contact the people who reserved their names or sent them to the temple system to see if they will release them so you can reserve them. It is frustrating, but is nice to be able to coordinate the work better than in the past.

montann

Postby montann » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:55 pm

Check your Temple section often and if you find an ordinance you want to personally do, reserve it.

rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Postby rmrichesjr » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:00 pm

montann wrote:Check your Temple section often and if you find an ordinance you want to personally do, reserve it.

On the other hand, please don't leave ordinances reserved for extended periods of time. Some of my ancestors have had their ordinances reserved for a few years so nobody else can do them.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:09 pm

rmrichesjr wrote:Some of my ancestors have had their ordinances reserved for a few years so nobody else can do them.

Currently reservations end at two years. I learned that when I needed to break a few loose so that the work could be done.

Return to “Family History”