Gospel Library for Microsoft Surface is not syncing

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

powarsm

Gospel Library for Microsoft Surface is not syncing

Post by powarsm »

After spending a lot of time putting notes, tags and links into my gospel library using my HP laptop, they were not there in my Surface Pro during church. I've tried multiple things to get them to sync, but have not reset the device. It doesn't seem like I should have to since it is another computer and should respond just as my HP laptop. Suggestions?? How do I fix this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Library for Microsoft Surface is not syncing

Post by russellhltn »

Both units have to sync to the church website via your Church Account. Check and see if the information is on the church website. That way you know if the HP is syncing. Also check that both are running the current version of the app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
powarsm

Post by powarsm »

Thank you for your reply. It appears that my gospel library is not syncing! When in gospel library, under church account (on my HP laptop, settings, church account) there are a number of unsynced items (135). When I hit the sync button above, it doesn't change. So the real problem is that my church account is not syncing. I am logged in (since my option is to 'sign out'). How do I fix that? Thank you in advance!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are you running any "safer internet" apps or other web filtering services on the Surface or the network it's connected to? Some of them block church servers.

What version of GL is on the surface?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
powarsm

Post by powarsm »

I don't think that I'm running any 'safer internet' apps. I have McAfee but personally haven't installed anything else that I know of. The Microsoft surface is running Windows 10 Home in S mode, version 1803. But I don't think the Surface is the issue now. I still have my gospel library open (after 3 days) on my HP laptop with 135 unsynced notes... If I try even think about logging out or closing it, I get a notification that I will lose all of my unsynced material. I can't even remember what items I would need to recreate. It is just making me sick to think about it.... How do I get the church website to sync my notes in my account??
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

McAfee may have a internet filter on it. See if you can disable that. Can other devices on the same network sync?

Can you check what version of Gospel Library you have? Depending how old it is, it may not be supported any more.

powarsm

Post by powarsm »

OK, thanks for the suggestion. Thought I would let you know what happened. After spending over an hour on the phone and computer with a tech last night (because this stuff is WAY out of my pay grade), he figured out how to turn off something in the firewall or something in order to make it work. If you need more information about what he did, in order to help someone else later, let me know and I'll try to get the exact instructions. When he first started he dismissed me saying that I would just have to sign out and lose everything , but I convinced him that was not an option (ha!). Eventually he figured something else out. Anyway, it is working now on all of the devices on the network. The interesting part of this is... this random tech support person with an accent from a different country, just got a big lesson on the gospel library app and the churchofjesuschrist website! Maybe my misery was for a reason - ha!!

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”