Address Previously Unknown

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
allenjblodgett

Address Previously Unknown

Post by allenjblodgett »

I’ve been seeing the attached memo on member tools for quite a while and have noticed it even by the names of very active (recently returned missionary, BYU students home for summer, and minor children of Branch presidency). Any insights?
Attachments
02D04215-02A0-4015-B3A4-A8BA7739EE19.jpeg
Member tools screen shot
(237.56 KiB) Not downloaded yet
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Address Previously Unknown

Post by scgallafent »

A record coming from address unknown does not imply inactivity. It simply means that the previous bishop determined that the member no longer lived in his ward and he didn't know where to send it next. (Hopefully he had a clerk follow the checklist for moving records to address unknown, but that doesn't always happen.)

It is up to you to determine what, if any, fellowshipping activities are appropriate for that member's situation.
allenjblodgett

Post by allenjblodgett »

scgallafent wrote:A record coming from address unknown does not imply inactivity. It simply means that the previous bishop determined that the member no longer lived in his ward and he didn't know where to send it next. (Hopefully he had a clerk follow the checklist for moving records to address unknown, but that doesn't always happen.)

It is up to you to determine what, if any, fellowshipping activities are appropriate for that member's situation.
Is that the most recent unit or any unit in a certain time frame (ten years) or since birth?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

allenjblodgett wrote:
scgallafent wrote:A record coming from address unknown does not imply inactivity. It simply means that the previous bishop determined that the member no longer lived in his ward and he didn't know where to send it next. (Hopefully he had a clerk follow the checklist for moving records to address unknown, but that doesn't always happen.)

Is that the most recent unit or any unit in a certain time frame (ten years) or since birth?
I know it's not since birth because my wife was in address unknown for 42 days and that doesn't show up for her. (Somewhere during that 42 days we were sealed in the temple, so I know firsthand that address unknown does not imply inactivity).

I'm pretty sure it is the most recent unit (was the record in an address unknown state immediately prior to the current unit?).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think a feature was added to see prior units for the past year (to support temple interviews) since a person can bounce between different wards pretty quickly and the prior ward may not be the best one to talk to.

As for the message, if it's not the prior "ward", then perhaps they were in address unknown in the prior year. I can't imagine the message coming up if it's been over a year.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”