Gospel Library App won't connect to the Internet even though it is.

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
dhicks123

Gospel Library App won't connect to the Internet even though it is.

Post by dhicks123 »

I'm having a problem where the gospel library app tells me it isn't connected to the Internet, even though I definitely am. I couldn't download anything, so I thought reinstalling might fix the problem. Well, it didn't. I now cannot open the app because all of the content needs to be reinstalled and it thinks I have no internet connection. I went to google play saw a couple of other people having the exact same issue as me. Any ideas?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library App won't connect to the Internet even though it is.

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you connected to a VPN? Gospel Library has issues installing content while connected to a VPN on Android 6 and up, due to how these versions of Android differentiate between network types. This will be fixed in Gospel Library 5.3.0. Some VPNs also have web filtering, which could potentially block Gospel Library content servers, which adds another factor (some web filtering services, such as T-Mobile's Web Guard, are known to block the Church's content servers). Finally, there's a known issue affecting a subset of devices (Galaxy S5 on Android 6 is one example) where the "Limit Mobile Network Use" setting (if it's on) will prevent installing content even when connected to Wi-Fi. This will also be fixed in Gospel Library 5.3.0.

So, some possible workarounds: 1) Temporarily disable your VPN, if you have one installed, to see if that fixes the problem; 2) Check for any content blockers or web filters installed as apps or as services on your network; and 3) See if you have "Limit Mobile Network Use" turned on.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lmluker

Post by lmluker »

I am having the same problem. Download is fine without the VPN but when VPN (NORD) is on, I get a message that wifi or mobile data needs to be turned on, which of course it is. My phone is an S9. When is 5.3.0 due out?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

5.3.0 should be out in the next couple of weeks. If all goes well, it should be in beta today.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rrichey4430

Post by rrichey4430 »

@sbradshaw, any timeframe for 5.3.0 being released? I have the dreaded VPN issue...

Return to “Android Gospel Library”