Can't schedule other buildings anymore

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jtyewhit

Can't schedule other buildings anymore

Post by jtyewhit »

Hi,

I'm a stake clerk and I used to be able to edit the calendars for other wards in the stake. This was useful when I was on point to reschedule a large production across the stake that required moving practices between different buildings.

For the last few days I've tried to schedule an event in another building in the stake and kept getting "Time out: Forbidden". I don't think it is a time out error. I think the 'forbidden' part is closer to the mark. Which would also line up with the response in this thread viewtopic.php?f=50&t=27869&p=165888&hil ... ar#p165888

Is it possible for me to get my stake-wide access back to calendars in our Stake?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't schedule other buildings anymore

Post by russellhltn »

jtyewhit wrote:I'm a stake clerk and I used to be able to edit the calendars for other wards in the stake.
Stake people having edit access to ward calendars was a bug.

What you should be able to do is grant yourself access as a building scheduler (perhaps a secondary one, if you have one already). Being a building scheduler allows you to edit any events in that building. Not quite the same thing, but possibly close enough.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jtyewhit

Post by jtyewhit »

Thank you.
There are various limitations on the stake clerk role that make my job harder. This is one. Not being able to move records is another.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jtyewhit wrote:There are various limitations on the stake clerk role that make my job harder. This is one. Not being able to move records is another.
I can sympathize, but it's an issue of dominion. You're the trainer of ward clerks, not their supervisor. I know, getting people to do their jobs is harder than doing it yourself. I think part of it is the church is taking the bigger view - people don't learn if their work is done for them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jtyewhit

Post by jtyewhit »

The problem is that I do calendar work for Stake organizations that aren't the purview of the ward clerks. Now I can't.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is the issue the use of the building, or something else?

jtyewhit

Post by jtyewhit »

When the Stake put on a production but had to move buildings for practice, I was responsible for handling the logistics of moving practices and events between buildings.
When the Stake Presidency has a meeting in another building, I would schedule it.
If we have a stake mtg in another building, I schedule it.
But now I can't do that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you make yourself a building scheduler, you can edit events taking place in "your" building(s). Including changing time/date or place. As far as I can tell without actually doing it, that includes moving an event to another building.

As a stake clerk, you can still put things on the stake calendar. You can certainly put stake events in any building in the stake.

About the only thing you can't do is add an event to a ward calendar.

jtyewhit

Post by jtyewhit »

That is super helpful. The key was which calendar I was selecting (I was using the ward's calendar in error)
Thank you!

Return to “Calendar”