Ministering - viewing assignments on LDS.org and LDS tool Should Ap

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
Nancy4mom

Re: Ministering - viewing assignments on LDS.org and LDS tool Should Ap

Post by Nancy4mom »

I have an android phone with version 3.6.1. I don't have ministering on my blue ribbon under my photograph. I want to see my ministering assignments. What am I doing wrong?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Nancy4mom wrote:I have an android phone with version 3.6.1. I don't have ministering on my blue ribbon under my photograph. I want to see my ministering assignments. What am I doing wrong?
You might try syncing at a time when the servers are not as likely to be busy. Sunday is a bad time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ELynnWilson

Post by ELynnWilson »

I have a Samsung Android running v.8.0.0 software and Member Tools v3.6.1. I cannot see the ministering assignments. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app today and resynced and still can't see ministering assignments. Any ideas why?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ELynnWilson wrote:I have a Samsung Android running v.8.0.0 software and Member Tools v3.6.1. I cannot see the ministering assignments. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app today and resynced and still can't see ministering assignments. Any ideas why?
Have you looked at yourself/your family and not see anything?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Brian.Grimwood

Post by Brian.Grimwood »

ELynnWilson wrote:I have a Samsung Android running v.8.0.0 software and Member Tools v3.6.1. I cannot see the ministering assignments. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app today and resynced and still can't see ministering assignments. Any ideas why?
I have this same problem. My wife, on the other hand, is able to see her assignments as well as mine. She has an Apple phone. Maybe that's why? However, I know that once upon a time I was able to see this information on my phone.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Android v.8 should work. I am on Android v.9 and Member Tools v3.6.1 and can see my assignments and those who minister to our family. I don't know how iOS works, but on Android you have to slide the blue bar under your family picture to show the ministering assignments. The ministering list is all the way to the right side (slide the bar to the left to see it).
Brian.Grimwood

Post by Brian.Grimwood »

davesudweeks wrote:Android v.8 should work. I am on Android v.9 and Member Tools v3.6.1 and can see my assignments and those who minister to our family. I don't know how iOS works, but on Android you have to slide the blue bar under your family picture to show the ministering assignments. The ministering list is all the way to the right side (slide the bar to the left to see it).
I don't know why mine doesn't work, then. I just checked and saw that my phone is actually running Android version 9. And I just uninstalled and reinstalled the Member Tools app, but it's still the same result: The blue bar under our family name only includes the items Contact, Household, and Callings and Classes. When I tap on my name, the blue bar there includes Contact, Household, Membership Information, and Callings and Classes, but no ministering information. Are there any phone settings which might prevent this from showing up?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

First, I'd try another sync. It's possible if the ministering server is down or slow at the time you sync, you may not get any data.

Failing that, I'd use the feedback function in the app to report the problem.

Brian.Grimwood

Post by Brian.Grimwood »

russellhltn wrote:First, I'd try another sync. It's possible if the ministering server is down or slow at the time you sync, you may not get any data.

Failing that, I'd use the feedback function in the app to report the problem.
Well, what do you know... Doing another sync actually worked! Thank you!
joeyman3

Post by joeyman3 »

Does anyone know if there's a way for a ministering secretary to have access to see the ministering assignments, or will he just need to get it through the presidency?

Return to “Member Tools”