"Access denied" in LCR when using Chrome

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
LarryOBryant

"Access denied" in LCR when using Chrome

Post by LarryOBryant »

I have always used Chrome as my browser and never had trouble logging in to Leader and Clerk Resources until this week. I can log in to lds.org with chrome and I can log into LCR with Microsoft Edge., but cannot log in to LCR with Chrome.

What can I do???

Thanks!
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: "Access denied" in LCR when using Chrome

Post by rmrichesjr »

Everyone else, using an assortment of different browsers, are simply trying repeatedly until we get in. The "Access Denied" message seems to happen when there really isn't a problem other than temporary server overload, network congestion, or similar issues. On the other hand, if the problem persists, deleting cookies and clearing the browser's cache may help if the cookies and/or cache got corrupted. If all else fails and the problem occurs 100% of the time over more than a day or two, your ward clerk can arrange contact with the Global Service Center to clear up account problems if that is what is causing it.
GuJiaXian

Post by GuJiaXian »

I've also been experiencing this over the past three days. I've tried accessing LCR on the ward computer, my home computer, and my phone.
coriam

Post by coriam »

Getting the same result in Safari on iOS.

I haven’t tried edge yet but will try that next.
GuJiaXian

Post by GuJiaXian »

If it helps, I just tried again on a Mac running Chrome. Here's the result:

This page isn’t workingIf the problem continues, contact the site owner.
HTTP ERROR 400

I don't know if it in any way matters, but I'm connected to the internet via a wired connection inside Church headquarters (I'm a Church employee).
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I just successfully logged into LCR using Safari and then Chrome on a Mac.
GuJiaXian

Post by GuJiaXian »

I just tried Safari (on a Mac) and it did work. It looks like I'm now also able to connect on my phone in Chrome.

Chrome on the desktop, however, remains problematic. I've cleared my browser's cache and also deleted all LCR-related cookies. When I then tried to log in (the login screen loads normally), I got the following error:

{{mbrGlobal.activeUnit.unitName}} ({{mbrGlobal.activeUnit.unitNumber}})
{{mbrGlobal.activeUnit.parentUnitName}} ({{mbrGlobal.activeUnit.parentUnitNumber}})
{{mbrGlobal.heading}}
{{mbrGlobal.subHeading}}
{{user.unit.parentUnitName}} ({{user.unit.parentUnitNumber}}) {{mbrGlobal.unitPicker.selectedUnit.parentUnitName}} ({{mbrGlobal.unitPicker.selectedUnit.parentUnitNumber}}) {{user.unit.unitName}} ({{user.unit.unitNumber}})
{{b.name | translate}} {{b.name | translate}}
{{b.name | translate}}
{{bi.name}}
/
{{'common.print' | translate}}
{{'common.loading.text' | translate }}
{{'global.error.global' | translate}}
{{'common.saved' | translate}}
{{'common.saving.only' | translate}}

Refreshing after that just gives me the 400 error.
GuJiaXian

Post by GuJiaXian »

Clearing all Church-related cookies also didn't fix the problem.
bretep

Post by bretep »

I'm having members texting me all morning about this issue. I have confirmed that it happens on Chrome and Safari on iOS (iPad, iPhone). I'm in the process of getting remote debugging enabled for my iPhone to confirm my thoughts on why this is happening. I'll update this thread with more information.
bretep

Post by bretep »

bretep wrote:I'm having members texting me all morning about this issue. I have confirmed that it happens on Chrome and Safari on iOS (iPad, iPhone). I'm in the process of getting remote debugging enabled for my iPhone to confirm my thoughts on why this is happening. I'll update this thread with more information.
During the debugging process I forced closed my apps and then was able to login just fine. Since I cannot reproduce the issue any more, I cannot continue debugging. So, while I don't know the root cause, to get around this issue, force close your app and re-launch to login again.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”